Monday 11 June 2018

Floating in the air

Time for another House mouse and friends challenge and my penultimate guest designer card. I wanted to do something a little bit different and challenging for me anyway so here is what I came up with. 
I used a diesire create a card easel die to create my card but my challenge was to use acetate , well actually clear recycled packaging. I cut out the card pieces so I had a white card base and the bits for the easel were in acetate. I used the matting dies from the set to create a white bric- a -brac edging ti frame my finished image which of course for a house mouse challenge is some super cute mices.

I stamped the image onto the acetate using stazon and let it dry. I then used some water colour pens and mixed the ink with some pva glue on a piece of glass from an old picture frame for my mixing palliate and then painted my image from the back so the colours didn't obscure the printed image. I then left it to one side and crossed my fingers that when it dried it would have the effect I hoped for and thankfully it did.

I used pva glue to stick the acetate together and to the card and I love how it turned out. The sentiment is cut in purple mirri- card and the flowers are stamped and fussy cut before being shaped and stuck into position to hold up the easel.

Now I expect there will be lots of entries for this challenge as who doesn't make cards for birthdays and there is always the anything goes option if you are birthday card making filled so no excuses to pop along and join in.



5 comments:

Lorraine A said...

oh my goodness, how gorgeous is this!! I have never stamped an coloured on acetate and this is stunning! Not only did you manage to colour but the colours and shading are fabulous! Gorgeous card Julye :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Sue said...

Julye, what a unique and creative card. Love the acetate, and the image you chose is perfect. Gorgeous flowers just add to the beauty of this wonderful card.

Hugs
Sue

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely design with the acetate, simply gorgeous flowers too.xx

Barbara Godden said...

gorgeous easel card, wow what a lot of work but so worth it. your colouring and design is fabulous.

eddyshaw9272711 said...

The subsequent time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as a lot as this one. I mean, I do know it was my choice to read, but I truly thought youd have one thing attention-grabbing to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about one thing that you could possibly fix should you werent too busy on the lookout for attention. online gambling