Monday 14 February 2011

I need more hours in a weekend Please!

Why do weekend last such a short time and the weeks days seem to be so long but still never have enough time in them to do everything? Maybe it's just me but I really do need more hours in my days.

I didn't get near my computer or any craft all weekend and I'm still not sure why, I did help my son with some home work, he had to go through some feed back and was getting frustrated with books and papers everywhere, and all the typing though he doesn't like to admit it his cerebral palsy does make it hard for him to type after a while and his hands ache, so he did some dictation to me and I typed. Now before you all think I was doing his work for him he is doing A levels in business and IT and as I did nursing as a career I was learning as I was typing and have to say it's quite interesting learning about the 4 P's and all the different terminology for promotion, I never realised there was so much too it.

Have to admit his Dad had to take over when he said can you help me with this business plan as I'm not sure what kind of detail they want. Hubby was far more use at guiding him through this as he did business and IT at university. Don't think my son gets his brains from me, in fact not sure what he took from me genetically.

Anyway, as time is slipping away again, and I still have the kitchen to clean and want to go on my power glider all in the next 3/4 hour before son is home from school, think power glider will have to wait till he's home somehow. I've done most of my chores I set myself for today, changing beds and getting the bed linen washed and dried, cleaning the living room, going to the dentist, my 2 DT cards  made and posted to the blogs ready for the challenges caught up on my DT commenting and now writing this post.

Have to admit I would have done this earlier only my son who I made all these valentine gifts for said I wasn't allowed to post them in case anyone from school visited my blog and saw them before he'd delivered them. Now I know that was highly unlikely to happen but if I had posted them I would have been caught out as is my luck so I played safe.

H asked if I could make him some valentines cards and gifts for 4 of his friends, all girls I might ask and not the ones who wanted to come over for sex in the holidays(for those who read the past post). One is apparently mad about pugs so I had to use a picture of a pug and as I don't have permission from the person he got the image from best not publish that one , even though he got permission for me to use it.

The other 3 I used a Magnolia stamp I recently chose as a prize, an Edwin with glasses. My son thinks its fab as he wears glasses and thought it would make the girls laugh. he started wanting one set and added to the request daily until I had made 4 sets. They all had to say friend on as none are his girlfriend, no time for that but they seem to spend alot of time chatting at lunch times and free periods and all are in the year above him at school.

He said he would deliver them at lunch time and I hope they went down well. I wasn't allowed to get chocolates to fill the little boxes as that's too romantic so I got jelly hearts instead and that met with my sons approval. I think he's a big softy at heart but he does try hard not to show it.

The Edwins were all coloured with Promarkers and the glasses rims are sakura glazed. The ribbons are from my stash as is the pink card and the flowers. The flower centres are liquid pearls. The little tags on the boxes are from a scrapbook set from QVC. The sentiments on the cards are a mix of stamps from the stampman and the heart shapes I cut out using my circle scribe.

I would like to enter my boxes and cards in the following challenges:-
The crafty pad-hearts
Creative cowgirls-love/valentines
Whoopsi daisy-free and easy
Pear tree designs-valentines
Cupcake-I love you -use at least one heart(?love but definitely a special friendship or 4)
Craft your passion-use pink
Lollipop Crafts-favourite colouring medium I love my Promarkers
Kaboodle doodle-hearts and flowers, well lots of hearts and one has flowers
Crafty cats-valentines
Sarah Hurley-love/valentines
Rainbow lady -it's all about love (shh don't tell but he really fancies one of the girls)
Pixie dust studio-be my valentine
Delicious doodles-valentines
DYSU-ribbon
CRAFT-valentines
Paper romance-clean and simple valentines
Cute card thursday-hearts and flowers(well one is)
Sew many-valentines
Everybody art challenge-valentines
A spoon full of sugar-love (isn't friendship a special kind of love?)
Passion for Promarkers-let there be love
Papertake weekly- have a heart
Fab n funky-texture
Scrapbook sisters-my valentine
Simon says -anything but a card
For fun challenges-hearts
Little Claires-anything goes
scrappy frog-love
stamp and create-love

45 comments:

mudmaven said...

I am right there with you on needing more hours - I opt for weekdays too though. Very cute card. Thanks for playing in our Hearts and Flowers challenge at Kaboodle Doodles this week. ~chris

Claire said...

Wow, gorgeous work!! I've got to agree about the weekends, where do they go??? Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady's Challenge and good luck
Claire xx

Rleen said...

What a fabulous creations! Thanks for sharing with us at the Whoopsi Daisy challenge this week. Hope to see you again next challenge.
Hugs, Rleen

WencheP said...

Very cute, thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Kathy said...

Love this box with the adorable man sitting on top and the matching card. Great job on combining so many challenge too. We are happy you are playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Challenge. :)

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Juyle
A fabulous card and box,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz this week,
hugs Dianne xx

Sharon said...

Fab, and its great to see Edwin for a change.
Thanks for joining us at Fab 'n' Funky this time, hope to see you again for the next challenge.
Sharon x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Julye, what a fab set of cards and matching boxes. Love the cute image and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Squirrel x said...

Oh hun, wish I could magic some more hours for you - I could do with extra myself! Love your Edwin creations, brilliant. Hugs, Sxx

Louise said...

Aah, what a lovely card and matching box.
Thank you so much for joining us at Little Claire's x

coops said...

fabulous creations julye.i love the edwin and great colours and details.
thanks for joining us this week at PFP :D

xx coops xx

Peggysue said...

Super job on all those gifts & cards! Lucky you that your son wanted you to help him for his Valentine's. Enjoy that while it lasts. LOL
I’m glad you joined us for the DYSU RIBBONS challenge and hope to see you again!

Miranda said...

great giftboxes and cards the look lovely
thanks for joining us at the DYSU challenge this week
hugs
Miranda

Donna said...

Lovely card and gift hunni!

Thanks for joining us at PTD and good luck

Donna x

Rainbow Lady said...

Great creation.... hope his fancy comes true..... Thanks for sharing Love Cynthia x

Cards By MI said...

Really cute! Nice to see Edwin on display ever now and then instead of Tilda. Thanks for playing with us over at FFC this week.
Love n hugs
marie

Susie said...

Great Valentines set, love Edwin too. Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs this week and good luck xx

Poppet said...

Great project Julye, love the Edwins and such a nice thing for your son to give his friends.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at the Creative Cowgirls Challenge and hope to see you soon on the hop. :-) xx

Lou Mac said...

Gorgeous creations - the little boxes are sooo cute. The image is adorable and your bows are perfect!!

Thanks for joining us over at Pear Tree Designs in our 'Valentine's' challenge - good luck.

Lou Mac. xo

Jill said...

Lovely project absolutely perfect for our challenge this week at Kaboodle Doodles, thanks for joining in. Jill

stampingmarianne said...

Such good idea, to have a combination of a card and box!
Thanks for playing along at creative cowgirls challenge!
marianne

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah these are great for us on Rainbow Lady this week Thanks for playing, My son has issues typing too after a while as he has poor muscle tone. So I have been learning all about history lately!!! Know where you are coming from with it. Hazelxox

mckinkle said...

Youve been busy! I did giggle at your post though, it was quite compulsive to read more and more!

Hope that your sons friends appreciated them!

Thanks for playing along at Delicious Doodles.

Keryn ;0

Lorraine said...

Really nice cards and box. Thanks for taking part at The Crafty Pad this week.

Liza said...

Gorgeous work, I love the sweet images. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Unknown said...

know how you feel - couple more hours in the day please. Great images

kiten DYSU team

andrea said...

They are so sweet,thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky
andrea

Paddington fan said...

I vote for more hours in the weekend too!! Cute card! Great to have you joining us at CRAFT this week for our Valentines challenge! Good Luck, love Jacky x

Lisa Jane said...

what wonderful little boxes and cards - i love Edwin he is so cute
Thanks fpr joining us at sarah hurley
Lisa;)

Meera said...

Oh me too, wish the weekends were longer. Great creativity, thanks for sharing with us at FFC.

Meera

Delphine said...

Gorgeous creations, Julye! I love your Edwin with glasses, really cute! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

Trimgym said...

Great project , thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck! Don't forget to check back with us again on Thursday for our new challenge and to check if you have won or made our Top3.

Jo and Tigerlover.

Gro said...

Hi. Thanks for joining us at PfP with your gorgeous project :o)

maxine said...

Lovely card thanks for joining us at the crafty pad x

Jennifer said...

Brilliant!Thanks for joining us at F'n'F! xx Jenny xx

Jo said...

Great projects! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at DYSU! Hope to see you again next time.

Debi said...

Your card is lovely! Thank you for playing along with the Papertake Weekly challenge, sorry that my comment is so late!

Sandra P said...

Great project! Love the combo :)

Thanks for joining Paper Romance this week!

Hugs,
Sandra P

Janna Werner said...

Hi Julye! Thanks so much for sharing your very sweet ribbon project with us at DYSU this week! Janna

Ria Zonnestraaltje said...

lovely :) thanks for joining Paper Romance Challenge :)
Hugs Ria

Vanja said...

These are gorgeous! Fabulous image.

Thank you for joining us at CCT! :)
Hugs
Vanja

Mary Duffek said...

How fun and sweet. Love the soft coloring...adorable, thank you so much for playing along this week in the Paper Romance Challenge.

Barbara said...

Julye, you surely are a busy lady! I remember those days!! Your CAS card is just perfect. How thoughtful of you to do this for your son's "friends." Thanks for joining us at the Creative Cowgirls for our "HEARTS" challenge this week. Please try and squeeze in some time just for YOU next weekend.XX

Teri said...

Very sweet hun. Thanks for playing along at Delicious Doodles this week and good luck.
Hugs,
Teri x

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

I need more hrs. all the time - weekend, week, you name it. Perhaps we should form a committee to get more hrs. per day LOL. Seriously though, your work is just wonderful as always and I am so happy you have played along at WHOOPSI DAISY and KABOODLE DOODLES this week:)