Tuesday 10 May 2011

Lady in red

Happy Tesday to one and all and hope today finds you all well and enjoying life in general. Tuesday and time for another Creative craft challenge. Wonderful entries for the last challenge and a choice of challenges this time , distressed, vintage or a mix of the 2 together.

Have to say neither of these do I find particularly easy, distressing I don't like for 2 reasons I'm a bit of a neat freak and like staright lines and secondly I don't like tearing paper even roughing it up with the exception of things like vellum which have a totally fab edge when torn.
Vintage I love the look of but I have problems getting it right as it can often be heavily embellished and dark colours and really neither are my comfort zone so please forgive my efforts, but at least it will give everyone some scope.

I got to play with a digi from Meljen this time round who are one of our sponsors . This heart image reminded me of a victorian lace embellishment so I decided to make a wedding card.


I used a k and co paper which I stuck directly yo my card. The LOTV image I stamped using brown ink on cream card and coloured with my Promarkers. The heart I used as a template and dry embossed on cream vellum then cut it out and stuck over the image onto the card. The sentiment again is LOTV and the roses are a mix or wild orchid and from my stash. Probably not ornate enough for Victorian but my version anyway.


I would like to enter this card intothe following challenges:-

Card cupids-flowers
creative cowgirls-anything goes
Bunny Zoe -lace
Catch the bug-anything goes


 My second project I used one of my LOTV stamps who also happen to be one of our sponsors along with  crafty individuals, meljen and doodle pantry. Wow 4 different prizes not many challenge blogs offer that many chances to win unless its a special challenge. Must mean we are a special challenge blog!
                 .
I made this card for my sister-in-law who is having a rough time at the moment with her health and though at the moment she won't even know the card exists as she is sedated and ventilated on HDU I'm hoping it will brighten things up when she gets to the staged that she is able to be with us again.



I used kay and co papers again and simply added some roses in the corners curling the wires for a more ornate look. The image I stamped on cream card and coloured with Promarkers and then used gel pens to create a line drwan frame  and punched the corners.

The sentiment is from the darkroom and as we know her condition is not likely to be completely cured rather than get well I thought thinking of you would be more appropriate and supportive too.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

Prarie fairy-here come the girls
Crazy 4 challenges-flowers
Rainbow lady-lady in red
Paperplay-show us your style(my version of vintage)
Pear tree designs -spring
Incy wincy-mum or girlie

9 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Both super gorgeous cards hun, the vellum heart really does give the vintage feel. Sxx

Unknown said...

both cards are really unique and pretty!...love the idea of putting the image behind the heart for your wedding one...very nice!...

hope your s-i-l starts doing better, so she can enjoy the card you've made for her. that's a lovely thing to do.

good luck with your challenge:)

have a great day julye:)

Unknown said...

Thanks for joining us at PTD this week with the great spring inspired theme.

Kerry

Debby said...

July, both of your cards are fabulous! I love the flowers and heart on the first, very victorian feel. The second is adorable! Hugs.

dragonllew said...

Great cards love the heart on the first one.

Rainbow Lady said...

Perfect lady in red and love those shoes. Thanks so much Love Cynthia x

Jodie Mackrell said...

great cards! thank you for joining this weeks Bugaboo challenge at catch the bug!

Lori said...

Oh how cute, and Lady in Red is one of my favourite songs...lol, Thanks for joining the Fairies at the Prairie Fairy Friday challenge, we're happy to have you!

Gorse Auto Detailing said...

The Monthly Challenge at the Latte Lounge is "Cards for Mom and Other Special Women in Our Lives". We would LOVE for you to join us and enter your card in our challenge! We're having a drawing at the end of the month for all KINDS of great prizes!!
HERE IS THE LINK
If you're not already a member, we'd LOVE for you to join us!!
{{cheers}}
Stacie