Saturday 26 September 2009

Secret crafters saturday challenge animal antics

Well for this one I thought I'd experiment and try something new and make a slider card. I decided this as while I was blog hopping I stumbled across an ad in someones side bar sorry to say I've been on that many blogs I can't remember whichone but it suggested that if the card you made wasn't for something specific you might like to send it to a child who is sick in hospital to brighten their day. I use to be a childrens nurse before leaving to care for my son and can tell you from experience that when a child is in hospital for more than a couple of days they feel very isolated and alone when there is no family with them and as we all know everyone like to get something nice in the post, so thats what I made my card for. If anyone is intrested the website is called postpals.co.uk.
I used a daisy and dandilion stamp from docrafts and stamped dandilion (I think)
along with butterflies and flowers and coloured with sakura pens. I drew the catapiller and again used sakura pens I do like their glossy effect and the metalic ones still have a sheen even when you waterbrush them. I cut a lot in some green card and fringed the edge to look like grass , added the slider mechanism its a bit like an elongated T that you fold back on itself to make aa bit to stick the catapiller on. I mounted this on some more green card and stuck it all on the blue so the ground meets the sky added my inquisative dog and bugs , pull and a direction arrow and hopefully it may make a young child smile when they recieve it in the post whilst in hospital.

2 comments:

Jill said...

aww Julyeb your slider card is gorgeous thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is brill, I love the slider, I have never tried this but its on my must do list. The Post Pals Stories bring a tear to your eye.
Hazelxox