Sunday 17 September 2017

Autumnal Thankyou


I always think it is nice to say thank you but when you say it with a card it always feels like you mean it a little bit more as you have taken time to get the card (or make it) and send it.

This card was made for a guy hence the colours and the palette just screamed autumn to me so I went with foliage and tried to keep it simple and clean using dies cuts.


I used a brown base card and used a poppystamps die (I think its poppy stamps if not it will be Memory box as almost all my dies are one or te other. The sentiment is jumbled thank you and was cut in brown card.
I added a panel of yellow card which had moonglow walnut ink stain sprayed on it as a base for my foliage.


I added a delicate fern cut in green and chandre stems cut in brown and yellow. I decided to add some ivy which is I think a cottage cutz die and the leaves are a mix of poppystamps dies and I think a joy craft die . The leaves I coloured with inks to try and give a variegated turning colour look.
I love how it turned out and the guy it was sent to loved it too so job done.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

House of cards - photo inspiration

outside the box -falling for fall

Allsorts -feels like autumn

creatalicious- anything goes optional leaves

7 comments:

brenda said...

A lovely Autumnal creation in all the pretty shades of the season, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Dotty Jo said...

So glad you've joined us at Naughty or Nice Challenges, your card is gorgeous! Jo x

Lynne in NI said...

Oh this is beautiful Julye, your autumn leaves are so pretty! Thanks for playing along at Naughty or Nice :)

Gale said...

This is a beautiful Autumn card Julye. Love all the details. Thank you for sharing with us at Creatalicious and we hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Gale DT

Oh You Made Me Ink said...

I love, love, love your card! It is awesome! Thanks for sharing it with us at Naughty or Nice Challenge! Cyndi, DT

Craftnut said...

Thanks for entering our challenge at allsorts Tracy

foleysfriend said...

Love the beautiful autumnal colors; perfect for a masculine card. Thank you for joining us at House of Cards.

sue