Wednesday 27 September 2017

Fall

I hate the cold damp days of autumn but the sunny crisp days  with blue skies I don't mind as I'm a summer sunshine girl at heart but the colours of autumn leaves I love especially when the skies are bright and blue. I decided to create my own leaves  and add some drops of water as homage to the wet dull days of autumn too. I'm not sure what I will use this card for  so no sentiment , really just made it for me as I love the leaves.
I die cut them using the majestic maple from poppystamps dies  and coloured them with moonglow walnut ink stain inks by just randomly splodging the colours. 


To create the card I used a kraft base card and created a stage for my leaves with some soft gold embossed paper and a matt of dark brown card both cut to a rectangle. I took 5 leaves as things in nature always appear with prime number and arranged them in a layer to look stacked as fallen randomly (well hopefully. I bent and shaped the leaves to give form to the leaves and to maintain that form I used hot glue to attach to the stage. I added some drops of glossy accents to assimilate captured raindrops,

I really love how it turned out though it might be fun to send through the post but I'll sort that when the problem arises along with choosing an appropriate sentiment. I guess the card could have the rectangle either portrait or landscape but time will tell which I eventually choose.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

The paper shelter - colours of autumn

Fab n funky - fall colours


AAA cards -autumn


6 comments:

Cardsbymaaike said...

wish we had such beautiful foliage around here, and i love the dew drops. Thanks for playing with us at AAA cards

Jane said...

Wow! What stunning colours on your leaves, they're gorgeous! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Kim x said...

Just fabulous Julye, I love all the leaves and it could definitely be used either portrait or landscape.
Thank you for entering your lovely card into my 'Autumn' challenge at CCM.
Hugs Kimx

Peggy T. said...

Gorgeous card. Thank you for entering the challenge at Crafty Card Makers.

Peggy Timmerman
Design Team

Pat K said...

Gorgeous fall card. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K xx

Jo Nevill said...

Gorgeous ! What fabulous leaves !
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x