Wednesday 21 April 2010

Sugar Nellie oldie

Over at Sugar Nellie , they are reminising about their early stamps and how the company started and how they commissioned different artists to produce their wonderful images. They have like a mini challenge to use your old sugar nellie stamps which were their early designs as a showcase. I have to admit I only found sugar nellie designs a little while ago but it seems that my first sugar nellie stamp was one of the early ones so I decided I'd play along.

I love this stamp from the cute little girl right down to the flowers in her hair and her name. I have a bit of a thing about daisies and can remember making daisy chains when I was a little girl, and I had daisies of a sort white gerbras for my wedding bouquet. Told you I had a thing about daisies. When I was pregnant it was one of the names I short listed for a little girl, hubby didn't agree so I suppose it was a good job we had a son. Come to think of it he didn't like all but 2 of the girls names I picked and we could only ageree on 3 boys names too. I am so glad we didn't have twins that could have been tricky as we agreed that our child should have 2 christian names .
Well back to my card, I coloured with promarkers and used some scraps of paper from K and co, forever friends,daisy and dandilion and some glitter paper , sorry don't know the make. I put them all on a lemon pearlised card after rounding all the corners. I coloured a couple or 4 flowers that were white with promarkers the same colours as I had on my image and stuck it altogether with the layout along the lines of the first sugar bowl sketch which I found on their last challenge.

I hope I've done this wee cutie justice.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Julye, so pretty and little Daisy is adorable
hugs Mandy xx