Tuesday 6 April 2010

Who doesn't love shoes?

Hands up, I really can't see many out there apart from the odd male amongst us.

well I really do love shoes and have to say honestly I have several pairs that I have bought and so far not worn and I don't mean I bought them last week probably a year or more ago, in some cases. Please don't tell my hubby though as I don't always tell him when I buy shoes and he already calls me Imelda when it comes to me finding a pair to go out in and I rake through the bottom of the wardrobe looking for a cetain pair, he really doesn't understand when it comes to shoes.

Die cut dreams has the perfect girly challenge well in my case anyway, it's boots and shoes of course. Now I had a thing about making shaped cards a while ago and came up with this boot card, oh I'd love a pair of boots like this and whats more I'd love to be one of these people who could walk around in heels that size or higher all day and not feel or look like my feet were about to drop of, how do they do it? All I can think is that they have their feet anaethatised so they just don't feel them.

Anyway I got to thinking what kind of cards could you do for men if you worked on their articles of clothing. I suppose the obvious would be shirts, ties , suits , sports gear. I decided shoes. They pay out a fortune for trainers and then say they aren't bothered about shoes they are joking right?
Well I decided I'd do some boys shoes too, unfortunately I only have one left, thought I had two but can only find one , I've probably just miss filed it but I think you'll get the idea. I got mum's catalogue and sketched some of the mens sneaker boots and trainers the expensive ones and then had a bit of a play and this is what I came up with.

Thought I might enter it into a couple of other challenges too. The first is the pixie dust challenge which is black, white and one other colour which I count as beige on the boot lace. I hope I'm in time and not done my usual missed deadline trick.

Prairie fairy have a challenge to use texture . I have leather look card and dry embossing and a touchy feely boot lace, so in I go.Again I think I may well be cutting it close to the deadline, just don't know where this week has gone.

I would also like to enter my sneaker/trainer boot into the challenge at a spoonful of sugar as their challenge is one for the boys. I did miss last times shaped cards challenge which this card would have been ok for too , but never mind it was obviously meant to go in this challenge so hre it is.

Well enjoy your evening and don't wear those feet out take plenty of rest crafting and surfing the blogs. Thanks for popping by .

6 comments:

Queen La Rubba said...

Very interesting and creatice project! Love the shoes! Thank you for joining us for this weeks "Prairie Fairy Fun Friday‘s" challenge! I look forward to seeing more of your incredibly gorgeous crafty works in the future!
HUGS
Rach ~ Queen La Rubba
I invite you to hop on over and entering my candy give away!!

Karen said...

Very nice they are too, thanks for joining us at DCD.
xx

Unknown said...

These are both so cute! Love it!


Thanks for entering Fairy Fun Fridays!

xoxox

Mummylade said...

such lovely projects. I'm so glad you joined the DCD challenge this time and good luck.

Susie Sugar said...

Really fab cards Julye great work , Thanks for playing our Shoes & Boots challenge with us at DCD this week please come back soon
Hugs Susie xx

Victoria said...

these are so clever! Fab to see a boot and a shoe too, love the texture on the second one

Thanks for playing along at Die Cut Dreams this week

Hugs
Victoria
x