Friday 27 November 2009

Twinkle twinkle glitter bits! Long post get a cuppa!

Oh someone somewhere is looking after me as I don't seem to have alot of time to craft this week, (since the non surgery day on tuesday everything seems to have gone to pot and the week is just disappearing and when I think I'll have time to craft other things just seem to get in the way. Thats life I suppose.)I seem to be managing to cover alot of challenges with one card of late and it's just not intentional, I start off with a sketch and another challenge with a theme and somehow by the time I've made my card and I look to check that I've done what it says as I flick through my notes I find a few other challenges that I can enter as well.


This one started out for Penny Blacks challenge of winter wonderland. I only have a couple of penny black stamps , some hedgehogs bouncing along with balloons, the 12 days of christmas and this little mouse who is looking or blowing a dandilion clock. I had to think hard to make winter wonderland with what I had and some artistic lisence cutting let the little mouse look with wonder at the first flakes of falling snow, well that's what I imagined. I felt really guilty cutting off his little paw but I think it worked.


The sketch is from this weeks challenge at Moving along with the times who have an added theme of animals, so my sweet little mouse fits that bill and I quite like the challenge, but if I did it again I think I would make the center square and circle bigger, but I would have to make my buttons smaller so I suppose I got it right. The buttons I had fun with as I had white snowflake buttons which on white card you couldn't see, so I tried to match them up to the colour of the glitter paper, but using 2 different Sakura glaze pens and 2 different glitters I finished up with 3 all slightly different to each other and the glitter paper, but decided I liked the 3 different shades. I was going to tie it all together with a large snowflake but when I placed it on the ribbon it just looked as if there was still something missing, so I tried a bow with the snow flake and that was way too much so went with just the bow.


I realised when looking through my notes that Kaboodle Doodles wanted you to use buttons,bling and bows, I know I only have one bow but it's quite big so as I have buttons and lots of bling hopefully this will pass for entry into their challenge.


Try it out Tuesday challenge #45 also wanted you to use buttons so heres another one I can enter even though I've altered my buttons appearance.


Allsorts have a challenge of using a Christmas carol or song title as your theme and I think mine could be 'Let it snow' I think that's the title and not just the chorus, but I will check on the net, such a wonderful resource.


Winter wonderland have a challenge to use a non Christmas stamp and no Christmas papers to make a festive card, well I think I covered that without realising it so I'll be entering that challenge too.


Every body Art challenge, Charisma cardz challenge, and Pollycrafts challenge all have a theme of Christmas and as I intended this being a Christmas card for one off my young nephews I shall be entering these challenges too. 


 Simon says has a challenge of winter love, and many of the DT did couples cards and some wedding, mine I interpret of sending love in winter and what better time than at Christmas.Hope they don't mind my interpretation , but you can only work with the tools you have and funds don't permit me to buy every stamp I would love to own.


ABC's theme is I for indigo and I'm never quite sure just what shade indigo is ,so after seeing an almost complete rainbow whilst in Scotland at the half term break I will go for this vibrant dark blue as I really love this colour,  and it works well for a night sky too.Hope it's acceptable.




If it's still Thursday when I get my piccy added and I post this, Happy Thanksgiving day if not and it's Friday hope you all had a good day.








25 comments:

Lilacanglia said...

Great card,
Thank You for joining us at kaboodledoodles this week,
Hugs
Angie

Sue said...

aww such a cute litle card full of sparkle :) thanks for joining us at MAWTT:)

sue
xx

Kirsten...x said...

Lovely card love all the snowflakes...x


Thanks for joining us at allsorts this week hugs kirsten...x

Sally said...

How adorable. This is stunning. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

mudmaven said...

Very cute card. The colors are wonderful. Thanks for playing our Kaboodle Doodle challenge this week. ~chris

Sue said...

back again,really lovely thanks for joining us at pollycraft:)

sue
xx

Joey said...

Hiya,

fantastic card,I love the little mouse and gorgeous blues, dont you just love it when a card hits so many challenges when you didnt mean it too :O) fab job. Thanks for joining us at ww

Joey.x

Leanne said...

Fantastic creation!! Lovely and christmassy!!

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz - good luck!

Hugs
Leanne
xx

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi there, wonderful card, great image and love those snowflakes! So sorry you haven't received your prize, I will chase it up for you. Thanks for joining us again over at MAWTT, hugs Heidi (DT) xxx

Kath Stewart said...

super cute card julye...love that adorable image...thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...hugs kath xxxxx

Pauline C said...

Hi Julye - gorgeous card for the PB challenge - I love how you have made the mouse look adoringly and wonderingly at the snowflakes - that mouse is one of my faves and I'm liking your style with how you have adapted him! I also reinterpreted the SS "Winter Love" theme lol - I had a teddy looking adoringly at a cute robin rofl! Thanks for joining in this week's PBSC blog hop and for entering my candy - good luck!
Pauline x

tracie said...

Awww this is so sweet, love this image and the gorgeous blues...Thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC, good luck with my candy
hugs
Tracie :)x

Nicki said...

Gorgeous card, great take on the sketch and love how you've adapted the image. Thanks for taking part in the MAWTT challenge this week. Nicki, xx

Jules said...

Hi Julye

You have used my very first Penny Black stamp for your lovely card "Cheesecake".

This was my first and very probably my favourite. I love using it.

I have only ever used it as it is though and I think you have been really creative to use it as you have here. Well done on fitting your project into so many challenges too.

Love all your snowflakes.

Thank you for playing along with Allsorts this week.

Love Jules xx

Teri said...

Wonderful take on our challenge this week.
Thanks for playing along at Winter Wonderland.
Hugs,
Teri x

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW how cute is this. I love the wee mouse. Thanks for joining in with us on MAWTT this week, Hazelxox

Teri said...

Awww so sweet! Love it!

Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland.

Teri xx

Vee said...

A fabulous Christmas card, lovely colours. Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week. Good luck.
xx Vee

Allison said...

love that little mouse
thanks for playing along at Charisma this week
AllisonX

Unknown said...

It's so sweet - thanks for joining in with the Kaboodle challenge.

Lorraine A said...

gorgeous card Julye :-) What a cute little mouse ,,,:-) Tha layout and colours you used are fab :-)

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)

Luv
Lols x x x

debby4000 said...

Awww sweet mouse and fabulous card.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Challenge.
luv
Debby

clare said...

such a sweet card..thanks for taking aprt in MAWTT challenge and good luck with all the other challenges..Clare DT x

Sorry to hear you've still not had your prized...so to say sorry i will personaly be sending you something in the post..so keep a eye open for the postman..lol
hugs clare x

Susie Sugar said...

This is a stunning card great image and fabby colouring
Hugs Susie xx

thread-bare said...

Wow I can't believe you managed to tie this card in with so many challenges... well done. I think your mouse still looks as if he has both paws so well done. Thanks for joining us at MAWTT & we will get you a prize sorted... promise xx Clare x