Wednesday 27 April 2011

OOps I'm late

Sorry all I'm a little bit late with this post, good job I'd already made my card.

It's another biweekly challenge time over at Penny's and this time you will be putting your thinking caps on as we have a challenge entitled 'Welcome Home'. Now our wonderful and talented leader dreamt up this theme when thinking of the anticipation of her darling hubby returning from Afghanistan, can't blame her one little iota for having his return on her mind don't know how she does it when he's away. I have to say not having a hubby to welcome home after being away made me wonder what I would do, I thought about welcoming a new baby home but it's not really the baby but the mum you are welcoming home as you are just welcoming the baby to the world. Then I thought about new home like many of my teamies but wasn't sure about that either but I thought how it was lovely to be welcomed home from the hospital after my recent surgery by my son and how when my parents and in laws have been abroad and they return how we welcome them home. It could be a student who has been away at university or as my son was talking about some friends he is looking forward to seeing over the summer who have been on scholarships in the USA. Loads of interpretation can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.


My card I used a Meljen image as I thought this would be a nice way to be welcomed home kisses and flowers. I used magazine freebie papers that I found when having a move around of my craft room. The image is coloured with promarkers and the buttons are from a set by and can be found here at stitchy stamps. I simply printed them and triple embossed them with clear embossing powder. The flowers are from my stash. The tag is sprayed with moonglow spritz from the stampman and hand written using a blue sakura pen.



I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

Simon says -anything goes
CES-spring
Pixie dust-spring /easter
Prairie fairy-flowers or april showers
Colour create-pink, blue and brown
Crafts for eternity-handmade buttons

12 comments:

Hannah Clark said...

So, so cute! That image is adorable and I love those flowers and buttons!

aqualeiga said...

Hi! Such a lovely card, love the papers and of course the MelJen's image too! Thanks for sharing with us at THE CRAFTY PAD for our Circles challenge....don't forget to pop back on Sunday to check out the next great challenge AND to see if you are a winner! Hugs, Ali x

pinky said...

Gorgeous card, love how you made your buttons, must try that one:) Thanks for playing along with us at C4E.
Pinky

Unknown said...

eek!!

those bunnies are too cute! you colored them perfect!:)...look so fluffy!

xo

Cor* said...

Great buttons! Perfect image and wonderful flowers! Everything fits so well together! Lovely spring flowers, april showers creation! Thanks for flying with the fairies this week at FFF!

Alyna said...

this is so cute.
hope your son if fine now :)
love the image and your coloring.
hugs
Alyna

Sylvia said...

What a beautiful card:-))
Nice colours and design.

Sylvia
Colour Create.

michele said...

Gorgeous card! thanks for joining us at C4E this week hugs xx

Margreet said...

what an adorable card...lovely image....fab buttons....thanks for joining FFF!
xxx Margreet

Maggie's Crafts said...

So so cute!

Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad! :)

Maggie
xx

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie this is fabulous love the colours & the image. Those bunnies are lush.
Thank you also for playing along with us at CES Challenges, good luck hunni.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Sharon said...

This is a great welcome home card Julye, your image is just adorable.

Thanks for joining us at Colour Create for the Pink, Brown and Blue Challenge.

Sharon x