Friday 30 July 2010

Practical Tilda

Thought I'd do something a little different to a card, basically as I seem to be getting snowed under again with them, I can feel another bluebell wood hospice charity shop visit coming on, well at least they go to a good cause even if it doesn't save me money or replenish the coffers to reduce my wish list any.

I use to have a cheque book holder, I got it when I first opened my bank account with the Midland bank many moons ago, it nolonger exists as is part of HSBC now and it was really usefull as it kept the book straight and somehow made it easier to find. I decided it was time I had another as that one departed itself quite a while ago and I really enjoyed working out how to make it,never mind enjoying the decoration bits.

I decided I really couldn't make it too fancy as it would just get wrecked inmy handbag with everything bar the kitchen sink in there, I have all kinds of wierd stuff including allen keys so I can do running repairs on my son's wheelchair and things don't know if this is normal as I don't usually go rumaging in other girls handbags.

Well my little project, I used Tilda and coloured her blue , my colour of choice, and daisy paper another favourite and of course there has to be a bit of ribbon and sparklies too. It looks quite simple really bu8t I'm not sure if it would count as a clean and simple project if you include making the holder from scratch, though saying that I think the whole thing took me about an hour including the stickles on Tilda drying, maybe I could go into production?


I would like to enter my blue Tilda for the following challenges:-

Die cut dreams- Tilda in blue
Paperplay-open theme
Sarah Hurley-anything goes(optional sketch which I didn't use, sorry)
CAS-tastic-bling it up

15 comments:

Liz's creative corner said...

Hi Juyle, this is gorgeous hun, lovely Tilda and your papers lovely, thanks for joining us at DCD hugs Liz xx

Deb Neerman said...

This is super-cute!

Karen said...

So sweet, thanks for joining us at DCD.
xx

Pamela said...

Such a pretty Tilda, thank you for joining in at DCD challenge.

Pamela x

Karen B. said...

Lovely and cute! She looks great in blue and I really enjoy your little spots of bling.

Deb said...

Love the different shades of blue and Tilda is gorgeous, thanks for joining the challenge this week at DCD
Debs
xxx

Mandy said...

Julye this is gorgeous hun, fab idea & I love the Tilda you've used.
I didn't use smaller circles for the middle of the tissue paper flowers, you were right I just didn't straighten them out as much as the others.
I can't remember if I've thanked you for Mary's gorgeous card hun, she is absolutely thrilled with them so thank you so much mwah
hugs Mandy xx

Lisa Jane said...

Cute little tag - thanks for joining us at Sarah Hurley challenges this week
Lisa ;)

Mel said...

Aww this is fab!
What a great wee gift idea!
Thanks for joining us over on Sarah Hurley challenges!
Hugs Melly xxx

Clare Brown said...

fab idea hun, would def make you want to get your cheque book out more!!

hugs Clare x

Victoria said...

I bet that makes writing cheques less painful lol! Fab creation

Thanks so much for joining us at Die Cut Dreams with your fabulous Tilda
Hugs
Victoria and the DCD team
xx

Julie M said...

That is gorgeous, Julye - what a great idea, won't it look good when you take it out of your bag to buy stuff.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay again this week.

Julie :o)

Debs said...

Gorgeous Julye..fab idea..thanks for joining us at SH Challenges...Debs x

Shell said...

oh Julye this is brilliant, i do love tilda myself.
Thanks for joing us at SHC good luck, shell x

Unknown said...

so pretty! Thanks for playing along at Sarah Hurley Challenges :o) x