Thursday 11 November 2010

Fluffy snow, the nice white kind.

My son decided this morning that he would really like it if it snowed from now until february. I asked why as he really dislikes the cold as he gets severe cramps , a side effect of his cerebral palsy and pains in his hips and ankles from all the metal work pins plates and screws he has had used on his joints to try and relieve the pain he was suffering from misalined joints. He informed me that he would love to be home schooled again so he didn't have to put up with the idiots that still messed about in class, and he actually felt he learnt more. He said it would be fine if he didn't have to go out in the snow as he thinks its pretty to look at when it's all clean and white. I think it probably stemmed from his old maths teachers asking if he would be willing to resit his maths papers, I asked if it would be the higher level paper that we had originally asked if he could sit. He told me that it would be the same paper, to which he had told the teacher there was no point as he had the highest mark he could get. Apparently they had told him they wanted him to do it as he had got such a high mark, no further explanation. Me thinks they think he cheated, as they didn't teach him for best part of 2 terms and suggested he would get a much lower mark, and are trying to justify this. I can catergorically say he didn't cheat as he not only had a scribe but another teacher from school sat watching to ensure only things Andrew said were written down. Shame on them.

Edit-my son told them basically that he was happy with his results and no thankyou he would not do the exam again so tough-good of him I say , and no more has been said!
Moan over and onto my card. I used an image that was sent to me in a rak, love this image and it is on my wish list and has been for some time, I just never seem to get around to buying it, probably as I get most oppourtunity when I get birthsday money in august and there aren't too many christmas stamps around then , nor does my brain think christmas.

I added some liquid applique to the snow areas and sprikled with glitter before puffing , it doesn't show too well on the photo, probably as its so dark tipping it down with rain and when I put the lights on it looks just as bad. The image is coloured in promarkers and sakura pens and the paper was a magazine freebie. Now what have I missed telling you, the base card is gold pearlised and the silver is pattered mirri board from jtf. The confetti snowflakes are a mix from not sure where. The sentiment is a stamp from the stampman embossed in silver powder, yep think thats everything, please shout out if I missed anything.

OOps just seen the gems , they are from Kanban.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

A spoonful of sugar-snow and or snowflakes
Tuesday taggers-colour combo, gold, silver and purple
Stamp with fun-layout
Penny black-let it snow
Pennyblack at allsorts-It's begining to look alot like christmas
Cute card thursday-anything goes
Fab n funky-circles
Creative belli-something,old,new, borrowed or blue pick 2(mine are old papers and mirri card and borrowed an image I was give as a rak borrowed as I don't yet own this stamp but it's on my wishlist)

19 comments:

Shirley said...

A gorgeous card Julye. I love the way you have layered all the silver snowflakes and used a silver pen on the parcel to co-ordinate. I must get some applique it really it really makes the snow stand out.
Thank you for entering our challenge this month at Penny Black at Allsorts and we hope you will join us next time.
PS. How unfair they are treating your son. If I was in your shoes I would have demanded to know why he has to take the test again, especially as he had someone sitting with him. How unfair.
I do hope it all goes well in the ned.


Shirley

Ellibelle said...

What a lovely card! The image is so adorable and I love the snowy textures you added. Super sketch and gorgeous silver snowflakes.
Thank you so much for joining us at Penny Black @ All sorts, hope you'll play again soon!

(So sorry to read about the way your son is being treated at school. It's just crazy.Can totally understand he rather is being homeschooled).

brenda said...

Hi Julye

Firstly, so sorry to read about your son. You stick your neck out to do what you thonk is best, at the end of the day you are one who knows best.


Your card is lovely, I really like the lilacs with the snowy theme.

Thank you for joining us at Penny Black at Allsorts this month and good luck.

B x

Kath Stewart said...

adorable card julye.......thanks for joining in the fun this week at Penny Black Saturday....hugs kath xxx

Jules said...

Hi Julye

I too used to wish it would snow so much that I couldn't get out of the front door to go to school (never considered the thawing and the fact that water would seep into our house). LOL!!

I feel so sorry for your Son and for you too. It all sounds very unfair.

As for your card. It is lovely. I too love that image .. .. .. but do not own it!!!

Great layout and I love all your snowflakes.

Love Jules xx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card and wonderful cute PB image.
luv
Debby

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous card, the image is fab with applique!

So sorry to hear about your son, the way some people think and act, so good he's both tough and good :)

Thanks for joining us at Penny Black at Allsorts, hope to see you soon again!

Big hugs
Maarit

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Julye, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and colour scheme. Thanks for joining us at stamp with fun challenge this week. Hugs, Denise

Joey said...

Hiya Julye,

gorgeous card love the colours, Thanks for joining us at pbsc

Joey.xx

Zoechaos said...

Great card love your snow! Sorry to hear your son has been subjected to such blatent disableism good on him for standing up for himself. Good luck in the draw and thank you for sharing with us at Pennyblack@Allsorts xx Zoe

Nilla said...

Wow, love the snow, well done! Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at SWF this week! Hugs Nilla

Mummylade said...

so lovely, the snow is a great effect

Sally H said...

Oh wow! That is just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at TT this week! Hope you manage to sort things out for your boy x

Monica said...

Another lovely card... love the image and the colouring...

Did not take me long to get converted into a follower. Would love it if you reciprocate but I promise that I will still leave you lots of love even if you don't!

Your cards are wonderful,

Monica

Sharon said...

What a lovely card.
Thanks for joining us at Fab 'n' Funky this week, hope to see you again next time.
Sharon x

Mervi said...

Lovely creation and snowy effect!
Thanks for sharing this with us
at Penny Black @ Allsorts, good luck;-))m

andrea said...

gorgeous card,love the snowy effect thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky
andrea

Unknown said...

Ahhhhhhhh they are so cute. Thanks playing along with TT this week
hugs
Ildiko

Vanja said...

Gorgeous card! I love the image and the snow.
Thank you for joining us at CCT! :)
Hugs, Vanja