Sunday 20 February 2011

I made this card a while ago and it wasn't until I was tidying up my picture files that I found it. Paper piecing isn't something I do very often as I seem to stick with my promarkers but when I used this small flower print for this WOJ images dress I thought it worked quite well. I also had a go at making a flower embellishment with the smame paper and used the same  paper again as backing wow I must have been in a co-ordinating frame of mind. I even managed the backing card to blend in too.


When I sawwthere were a few paper piecing challenges atround I thought I could put this card to good use as I just don't seem to have had time to do much crafting of late, and over half term with all the appointments I have with my son, trying to fit them all in the holidays so he doesn't miss school we have a full week.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

Alphabet challenge-P for paper piecing
WOJ-paper piecing
I love Promarkers-paper piecing
Bunny Zoes-spring flowers
Simon says-make your own embellishments


Another card I found that I haven't posted is using this cute stamp from sugar nellie country cousins range. I just think it is so cute. I used some textured gold paper and some checked paper , not sure of the makes. The other paper with the barometer on it I think is a K and co paper. I used promarkers to  colour the image and repeat stamped the image so I could 3D it in places. The flower I think is a prima flower and the centre is a ribbon flower I made. The leaves are rose leaves from my stash. I made this as a birthday card for a friend .







I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-


Forgotten scraps-spring or flowers
Digi doodles shops best-anything goes
Charisma-spring has sprung
fun at fairy knoll-birthday or thankyou
Totally gorjuss-check it out
Allsorts-inspired by nature



23 comments:

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie totally gorgeous cards love the images on both especially the SN one. The paper piecing looks fab...I never seem to do it much either & yet I always think it looks fab. Enjoy the rest of your day hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Vee said...

A really gorgeous card.Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Anonymous said...

Very sweet cards. I love both of them. Thanks for joining us at Stamping With The Dragon.
Hugs,
Beth

Georgia said...

Both cards are great. Love the paper piecing. Thanks for joining us at fairy knolls

Nikbee said...

Wonderful cards. I love the paper piecing on the first and the image is lovely on the second.

Nikki x

Fleur said...

Gorgeous cards, very pretty
Thanks for joining my nature challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
Hugz Fleur xXx

Kathleen said...

Lovely card and paper piecing, thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.

Tine said...

Hi Julye, what a great image to paper piece. You have done such a good job on her dress and I like the idea of the matching embellishment too. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
Tine :)

Heather said...

Both fabulous cards Julye, I love both your gorgeous images and the paper pieced dress is fantastic - great colour schemes and your pleated flower is stunning!!
So glad you could join us at the Simon Says Stamps challenge,
hugs
Heather xx

Sally said...

Beautiful spring card, thanks for joining us at Charisma.
Sally. x

downrightcrafty said...

Gorgeous creation and love how pretty it is too, thank you for sharing with us at Stampin with the Dragon
Hugs Kate xx

My name is Wynneth said...

Great paper piecing, looks fabby matched up with the background paper. Thanks for joining us on I ♥ Promarkers this week.
hugs
wynneth
x

Unknown said...

love how you've colored her...looks like my Niamh:)...Pretty use of patterned papers too!

xoxo, krista

debby4000 said...

Oh they are both beautiful.
luv
Debby

WeirdCat said...

Both great cards, very pretty and girly, thank you for entering I♥Promarkers this week
Ruth x

Kerri said...

I just love the paper you used for your paper piecing on the first card~ GORGEOUS! Your second card looks amazing with the 3-D effect! Thank you so much for joining us at Your Next Stamp!

Dana said...

Both creations are just fantastic! I especially love your paper piecing on Willow! Thanks for joining us this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!
Hugs~
Dana

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

Just dropping by to check out your great card! (Both cards actually!) Thanks for playing along in the "Spring or Flowers" challenge at Forgotten Scraps. ;D

Michele Roos said...

Such a wonderful card.Love the image you've used and the colours also. Thanks for joining us this week at WOJ. Hugs Michele x

Mary J said...

Hello Julye honey! Hope you have had a great week!

These are both wonderful! Cool colours and layout! Thx for sharing with us at Totally Gorjuss!

Mary J xxx

Lesley said...

Very pretty cards! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet challenge xx

Manuela said...

Lovely cards! Great job on your paper piecing! ♥
Thank you for joining us at Whiff of Joy challenge blog.

Hugs,
ⓂⒶⓃⓊⒺⓁⒶ

Anne Temple said...

Gorgeous card and image. Love how you pop dotted it for added dimension. So glad you joined us at Stamping with the Dragon.