Tuesday 1 February 2011

Spring love

Morning all and another Tuesday here again, where does time go?

Over on Creative craft challenges we have another fab challenge and super dooper sponsor too and more waffle from yours truly as I'm the host of the post this time. our challenge this time is hearts and flowers so as long as they are on your project it will count so that gives you loads of options not just valentines day, but anything from engagements to anniversary to just saying hi and I love you to a special friend or your mum.

I decided to set myself a task and use one of the pre-printed cards I won in a candy some time back. I love the cards and keep getting them out and looking at them wondering how best to use them, so I decided I would use one regardless and find a way. I chose one that already had hearts and flowers printed on it so I didn't have to worry too much about the theme and then just had the task of what else to do. I did think about using a sentiment but then I found that one of the Sassy girls I got for christmas fit just perfect so I used that. I coloured with promarkers and used sakura pens for the eye highlights and to add gloss to the lips, heart and shoes and glitter pen to the swirls of water. I stuck to yellows and greens , the colours of the card and have to say I am totally chuffed with the result. 
Here it is:-


I would like to enter this card for the following challenges:-

fairy fun friday-for a sweetheart  ( I think this might be my valentine card for my hubby)
Marks finest papers-valentine
Simply create-give your heart away
Charisma cardz- love/valentine
Meljen-put a heart on it
Crafty cardmakers-floral
Colour create-lemon, green and white
MAWTT-spring
Sew many challenges-Green
creative inspiration challenges-valentine/love
cards for men-love/valentine
creative cowgirl challenge-love/valentine
Tip top tuesday-anything girlie(well I love this card even if I am sending it to my hubby
Flourishes timeless tuesday-valentine

20 comments:

Nikbee said...

I love the base card and the image is wonderful.

Nikki x

Mel said...

Oh Julye
This is just fab!
the image is so sweet and perfect for you hubby! Plus that card base is so scrummy!
Hugs Melly xxx
Ps Thanks for the fab support!

stampingmarianne said...

Really beautiful card! The background is just beautiful! And your coloring pops out!
Great story how you came to this card. I have to do that myself too, just taking one stamp or image out of the drawer and do something with it!

Thanks for playing along at creative cowgirls challenge!
Marianne

Gina said...

Oh this is just soooo pretty Julye!!! Love the simple layout that shows off the superb colouring and image :D Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Cowgirls XXX

Lisa Jane said...

what a beautiful card - i love that background card - so pretty
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
Lisa ;)

Chelsea said...

Hi Julye, this image is so adorable! Love the frame you did, so pretty!
Love,
Chelsea

Beverly Montez said...

Julye
This is absolutely adorable!
What a great way to use a pre-printed card. Thanks for joining us at Fairy Fun Friday and hope to see you again soon!

Dori Shelton said...

Cute cute card! Love the colors and the image!

dragonllew said...

Fab card love the card blank

Poppet said...

Great card Julye, love the way your image pops against the card. I wonder if she will catch anyone while she is fishing for love.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at Creative Cowgirls Challenge. :-) xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

So cute! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends~

Barbara said...

Oh Julye, this card is so delightful. I love how you colored the image and the soft background just made it the focal point. I adore the little heart :) Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cowgirls this week. XX

redwasher1 said...

This is adorable!!!
Thanks for sharing it with us at Speedy's Friends!!!

Unknown said...

pretty!!!...love the green-- my all time fave color!<3...you did a great job...think you make a great host:)...Sounds fun!

xoxo, Krista

Lori said...

I love how this is framed, beautiful, thanks for joining us at Fairy Fun Fridays, we're happy to have you!

BrossArtAddiction said...

Amazing job! Love the distressed look and the way you framed the image!

Thanks so much for joining us over at FFF this week and goodluck! :)

x♥Tracey♥x
FFF/DT for PFD

Suzi Mac said...

Gorgeous Sassy card Julye. Thank you for joining in our Valentine/Love theme at Creative Inspirations.
Hugs
Suzi x

Lauretta See said...

OMG! is this so adorable.. i love it. Thank you for joining us in our challenge over at Meljens. Hope you will come and see the blog hop we have starting today ;) HUGS X

Anonymous said...

I must admit I've got preprinted cards I've never used, maybe I will now. This is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week. xx

Anne said...

What a cute girlie card. Thank you for taking the Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, hope you’ll join us again!
Hugs
Anne