Friday 4 February 2011

Take it as Red?

Hope this finds you all in fine spirits and health and totally ready fro the weekend. I'd like to say that on a weekend I get a sleep in , but as my body clock seems to be set for 5:15 and I don't need an alarm during the week I rarely do sleep in so the weekend days start for me just like any other. I also find I generally have less time to craft than during the week unless there is a grand prix race on and then I get some definite time for me to craft.

I made this card after rifling through my ready to colour images and as mum needs a birthday card for my sisters partner later this month I thought it perfect. He hates being called my brother in law as they are so not the marrying kind, find it very funny since they have been together getting on for 20 years but hey ho. Anyway Tony will be 52 and extremely sensitive about his age, probably as he is 6 or 7 years older than my sis. He is a hoarder and collector of anything he thinks might be useful to somebody or worth something one day, he comes home with boxes full of books and drives my sister mad. Not sure why this image felt right but I'm sure he will find it amusing and as it will be from mum to him if he doesn't I won't get any flack.

I'll look to see if I made a note of the digi designer I did marji's malarkies. I decided to keep the colour scheme fairly plain and went with the layout from The Pixie cottage. The potty is coloured with sakura pen and the rest with Promarkers. I for some reason printed this on photo paper and discovered it's not great for blending my Promarkers on, but I think it's passable. The dotty paper wasn't quite the right red so I went over with the same red sakura pen so it all matches now.

I've not yet added a sentiment as not sure what mum will want, just happy birthday or something like 'take it as read' and then inside 'that you are wished a very happy birthday' well I thought it was clever but never know with mum and the customer is always right, so it's up to her.



I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:-

Stamping with the dragon-anything goes
Sew many challenges-anything goes
MAWTT-Red
DYSU-red hot!
Scrapbook sisters-red
Crafts and me-red
The Pixie cottage-layout and buttons
The corrosive challenge-button it up
I did it creations-red
The crafty pad-something for the boys
Stamp something-February digi day
Digi's with attitude-pink and white or red and white

27 comments:

*Alison* said...

haha.. this image is so funny.. Way to "Stack Up" at DYSU RED HOT Challenge.. I can't wait to see what you create next week.. HUGS
Alison
DYSU-Owner

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

what a pretty card dear Julye.
Claudia

Carolynne said...

What a cute card and very comical. Thank you for joining us at Stamp with the Dragon

xx

Dawn said...

Hehehehehe! If your BIL doesn't find it amusing he's got no sense of humour!!!
Great card, love the colouring!
Thanks for playing at Digi's With Attitude!
Hugs
Dawn xxx

Random Acts of Krafting said...

This is just to adorable. You rocked the sketch, and those buttons are fab! Thank you for playing with The Pixie Cottage for challenge #55.
Hugs
Tanya

Squirrel x said...

First things first missus, how could you possibly craft through a grand prix?!?!? Sacrilege! Secondly, such a super fun card babes, nearly made me spit coffee over the cat! Thanks for making me smile. Hugs, Sxx

Love crafts forever said...

How cute. Thank you for playing at Stampin With The Dragon.
Hugs Nataliya

Sadilla said...

That's so cute!!! =)) The image is lovely and sweet, and great interpretation of the sketch...
Thanks for playing at The Pixie Cottage
Hugs
Sadia

Janna Werner said...

Hi Julye! Thanks so much for sharing this fun red hot card with us at DYSU! Janna

Dragons Lair Designs said...

Cute card thank you for joining us here at the Stampin with the Dragon Challenge Blog.

Hugs Janette
Stamping Dragon Designs

Katie said...

Wonderful card!
Thanks for playing in The Pixie Cottage :)

paola said...

This is real cute! havent seen this image before and love it, thanks for joining us at the pixie cottage this week, good luck
smiles
Paola

Miranda said...

cool card, this image is bif fun
thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week

hugs
Miranda

Tammylee said...

What a cute image. He will grow up to be the perfect man, lol! Great card. Thanks for playing along with us at Digi's With Attitude! this week. Hope to see you again.

Tammylee Digi's With Attitude DT

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hi Julye, Ah this is super, what great colouring. Lol at the baby, mine would never have stayed on long enough to read a paper!! Goes well with our Red challenge on MAWTT, Thanks for playing, Hazelxox

Pat said...

Super card, great fun image, thanks for joining in at The Crafty Pad this week.

Pat xx

downrightcrafty said...

What a gorgeous creation and it is lovely of you to share your pretty work with us at Stampin With The Dragon
Hugs Kate xx

Pami said...

What a great card! Thanks so much for taking part in my Red challenge at MAWTT this week. Pami x

cheryl said...

really love this great take on our sketch too,,bless you for playing at the pixie cottage this week,hugs cheryl xxxxx

CarlaKH said...

Hehe too cute. So glad you joined us at The Pixie Cottage this week!

Unknown said...

that's magic - love it

kitten DYSU team

Anonymous said...

How cute. Love the image. Thanks for playing with us at Stamping Dragon Designs.
Hugs,
Beth

WencheP said...

Superfun image, love it! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Vicky said...

Hi Julye hun this card is awesome hun I love the image its awesome lol & certainly brought a smile to my face.
Also thankyou for joining us girlies over at Crafts & Me, good luck in the challenges hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Awesome, adorable cuteness! What a fantastic card you've created here. I love it.
Thanks for joining us at the Pixie Cottage,
Sharon xx

paper fun said...

Oh, what a fun image. Very cute.

Thanks for joining us at Sew Many Challenges.

Mari

dragonllew said...

Great card love the image thanks for joining us at Digi's With Attitude!
Jenny x