Wednesday 23 February 2011

My favourite colours

I so love turquoise has to be my favourite but blues and lilacs in general would be my colours of choice , but I do like brown with turquoise too. I suppose it really depends on what it is I'm picking the colour of as I prefer white and very pale pastels shades for decor and in clothing as well as blues and blacks and browns I am partial to a bit of lime green ,  and when younger I was even known to wear bright orange, if I wore it now I would be nearer to looking like an orange as I am definitely more rotund than in my 20's!

Well this card is for my niece commissioned by my mum and dad. Dad wanted 'happy birthday granddaughter' on it,mum wanted a girly card with a girl on it, but she doesn't like all the flowers and swirls etc perhaps that's where I get my CAS love from.

I saw a challenge at LOTV not sure if I've missed the deadline as all these appointments and workmen etc this week and deadlines with homework last week have taken their toll on my brain knowing what day it is etc but the challenge was favourite colours so as I'd not inked up this cute stamp I figured that was as good a starting point as any.

The image I stamped with memento black ink and coloured with my Promarkers, the tiara is sakura glitter pen in silver. I added turquoise stickles to her skirt and she is ready to sulk.

The papers are all from my scraps folders which while sat waiting for a surveyor to turn up I sorted into colours. The surveyor didn't turn up,4 phone calls later to be conveniently told after they had checked a couple of times where he was and that the appointment made in an urgent phone call on friday for yesterday at 9am, went to it's an all morning call with no specific time as we don't make set appointment times so could be any time between 9 and 12, to I'll find out why he's not been, to he's not been as I had the wrong date and its now at the beginning of March and it will be at 9am, so much for not specific times and now I have to jiggle things round in my diary. If they just over booked  or the surveyor was off sick or what ever I really wish people could be honest instead of making excuses that they think will be accepted more readily. Instead I wasted a full morning sitting around and staying within ear shot of the door being knocked on in case the door bell wasn't working, it doesn't seem to like the rain or cold weather and had my teenage son moaning that he really wanted me to take him out.

Sorry about my digression and moaning, back to the card. The sentiment I stamped in versamark and embossed with metallic bronze powder, not sure of the make as there isn't a label on it apart from the colour.

The card itself I decided to have a go at making not sure what they call it but a fancy fold one anyway that seems to be quite popular at the mo, quite easy really and I was quite surprised too.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

LOTV-favourite colours
Scrap creations-birthdays
OSAAT-anything but a square
Kaboodle doodle-non traditional fold
Whoopsi daisy-for someone special
I did it creations-anything goes
Fairytale challenge-diamond fold card(that's what it's called)
Delicious doodles-glitz,glam,shimmer and bling
Stamp something -funky
Secret crafter saturday challenge-fancy fold
Tip top tuesday-bling it on
Paper pretties-glittery

Oh well, time to tidy the kitchen, prepare dinner and then off to an appointment at wheelchair clinic to see if they can sort out a new wheelchair for my son(who knows exactly what he wants but as it's NHS won't get) and then if the chairs the reps have brought are suitable it's a 6 - 12 week wait for it to arrive, isn't bureaucracy wonderful?

28 comments:

Nikbee said...

This is a great card Julye. I love the image and the shape is great. I haven't tried one of these yet - it's on my to do list. How annoying the surveyor didn't come.
Nikki x

Nicola said...

Awe this card is absolutely gorgeous Julye, love your colouring, papers and fabulous image. Sooo cute!
Thank you for joining us at Lili of the Valley.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie dont you hate waiting for people who never end up arriving so blooming annoying.
Your card is gorgeous hun she will love it papers are fab & the colour is lush.
Good luck on your sons wheelchair shug. My Nat had to have one moulded to her shape last year as she had a spinal op so they had to put a big rod all the way down & 26 pins going across. They were of course late with the chair so she was housebound for 7 weeks. Its typical isn't it hun. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS, I love it!!

Sandra P said...

Yes. I have to say that turquoise is a beautiful color and you did a wonderful job with it! Love your non-traditional fold :)

Thanks for joining KD this week!

Hugs,
Sandra P

Agnieszka M said...

Your card is stunning!
Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week and good luck!
Hugs
Agnieszka

Daisychain said...

Beautiful card, love the colours you have used. Thanks for joining us at LOTV this time. Hugs Christine x

Gem said...

a gorgeous creation Julye! Thanks for entering our Anything Goes challenge this week at I Did it Creations! Gemma :)

Rleen said...

This is gorgeous Julye. I love all the sparkles.
Thank you for joining us at the Whoopsi Daisy this week challenge. Hugs, Rleen

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Love it! Thank you for playing with us at IDIC this week! Hope to see you again next week!
Hugs,
Georgia

Chris said...

cute image, I love the embossed sentiment.
good card for the glitter challenge, thanks for playing with us at Paper Pretties.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card, just fab..... Thanks for sharing with us at One Stitch At A Time. Jo xxx

Allison said...

soo pretty
thanks for playing along with Delicious Doodles this week
AllisonX

Helen said...

Fab card - love the colour combo!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie just got your message on my blog about your sons wheelchair thats great hun I'm so so pleased for you shug & its so awesome for your son to be so happy. It makes it all worth while when you see them so happy doesn't it chick. Really really pleased for ya hunni.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Bianca said...

This is a fab diamondfold card! Pritty flowers and image! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

Deb said...

Gorgeous creation, lovely shape and super image, thanks so much for joining our challenge this week at OSAAT
Debs
xxx

Anonymous said...

Hello
This is a very nice daimondfold card and a sweet image.

Thanks for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge.
*Karla**

Heike's Creativeplace said...

Wow, your card is wonderful. Thanks so much for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday this week.

Hugs
Heike

PokSa said...

The image is so cute. I love your card.
Thanks for joining us at the Fairy Tale Challenge.
Hugs Sandra

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Great job on this Julye - love this image, so fun and love the story about your granddaughter! Great fold and perfect coloring. Thanks for playing this week at KABOODLE DOODLES and WHOOPSI DAISY this week:)

Sande said...

Wow, how amazing card! Love the folding and colors are great! This image is so cool!

Thanks for joining us at WhoopsiDaisy this week. Hope to see you soon!

Hugs, Sande

Christy Dillman said...

What a fun card and great image, I love the gold glitzy words! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week!

Hugs,
Christy

Bella76 said...

What a lovely Diamond-Fold-Card. It looks very cute. Thanks for join us at Fairytale Challenge.

Hugs Ela

Kristen said...

Super cute card! Thanks for playing with us this week at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations!

Nela said...

Hi, gorgeous card, lovely image & colouring!
Thanks for playing along with us at Fairytale Challenge
Hugs Nela

darling Ho said...

Very cute design.:) I love those shinny words.
Thanks for joining us at FTC this week, hope to see you soon. ~~hugs~darling Ho~~

Tammy Hershberger said...

CUTE! I love her crooked crown! Thanks for joining us for Timeless Tuesday!