Wednesday 19 January 2011

Bugaboo catch the bug week of mini challenges

Over at Bugaboo it is their first birthday and to celebrate as well as their weekly challenge which is birthdays see my earlier post here, they are having a mini challenge each day for monday to friday and you have till 22nd ( I think) to enter them. I have decided to stop me getting too confused( need all the help I can get) I am going to put them all, well those I manage to do on one post, this one and just add them as I manage the cards etc. Hopefully it won't become too long winded and I'll try and cut out some of the waffle I would usually type, so shout shut up Julye and get on with it PLEAASE!

Here is Monday's blue and white challenge.


This gate fold card I made with a fab old friday freebie from the clever and talented chappets at Bugaboo and as a non practicing nurse myself it really appealed to my sense of humour, believe me there are still quite a few of these nurses around and I suspect at least one in every department too. Its fun trying to spot them when you have to visit a hospital for any reason and can help with the boredom of waiting rooms too.

I used promarkers to colour in using various shades of blue, I even gave her a blue hair rinse, but hope you don't mind I stuck with more usual skin tones. The papers are all form my scraps stash so various makes, got to use them up somehow. I decided not to ad too many embellishments so as not to detract from the fab image and sentiment, well what more does it really need.

I would like to enter this card for the following challenges:-
Crafts and me- monochrome
The shabby tearoom- white plus one and bright and cheerful
crafts for eternity-colour challenge
Digi doodles-anything goes

This next card is for the sketch challenge, I know I've done them out of order but as I said I've not had time to print off the clown to do the bling card as I didn't realise thats what I had to do , and I'd got all organised and done another image for the bling challenge before seeing we had to use the clown, confused yet? I'll soon have you all as confused as me.

Well the sketch challenge was wednesdays mini challenge and I decided initially I'd do a passing your driving test card but it sort of changed to become either a passing your driving test or a good luck card for a driving test or I suppose a bon voyage card too as I used the LOTV believe in your dreams sentiment. The image is a cute monkey driving their car and as most of my sons friends who seem to be doing driving lessons seem to be girls I decided to do it in pinl with a british racing green car, although my son then corrected me and said it was actually Irish racing green first, either way it's dark green.

I was dubious at first about my colour scheme but when I used the leather embossed pink card for the base it all seemed to come together especially with the flowers that just seemed to balance the card.

The image was coloured with Promarkers and I added brads to the wheel hubs, and used craftworks candy for the flower centres.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

The ribbon girl-pink and green
Catch the bug mini challenge-sketch
Tanda-pink and brown
Truely scrumptious-pink,brown and green
Simon says-bingo, brads,flowers and ribbon
Cooking it up with Katie-use green brads
Cute card Thursday-recipe 1image or ribbon, 2 brads, 3 faux brads or flowers your choice


My next card is for the Thursday challenge and that was birthday. I decided to use this flowers image as not everyone likes girly cards but this is still sort of girly. I coloured with Sakura pens and stuck to 3 main colours, teal, turquoise and brown and oops can't count 4 colours green for the stalks. I wanted it to be bright and cheerful and the flowers sort of reminded me of art deco and enammelling hence the sakura pens. I added brown and turquoise ribbons and recoloured a silver peel off with promarkers so it stayed with the colour scheme. The base card I dry embossed with a fiskars board and the layer is white glitter card for added sparkle.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-
Sarah Hurley-birthday girl
Paperstar-use 2 of ribbon,stamped image embossing or die cut and some or all of colours turquoise, teal,brown and deep pink
MAWTT-layout and option flowers


Friday
This card is for todays challenge and todays mini challenge is anything goes. I decided I'd make a get well card using this cute ladybird in the jam jar. I wanted to make it bright and cheerful so stuck to red, yellow and green for the colour scheme. I kept it simple and used polka dot paper for the cross band. I wrote the sentiment to keep the colours matching, never sure how true colours are on my printer.
This card I would like to enter into the following challenges:-

Claudia and co.- red,green and yellow
Crafty creations-polka dots and a bird(not sure if my ladybird will count?if not never mind)
wild orchid crafts-lets be sentimental


Saturday hope I'm not too late?

Here is my last card for the catch th bug mini challenges, I finally got around to printing it in between taking my son to the dental hospital, his mouth is too small for all the teeth he has and he has to have 2 out, one top and one bottom, we went to the Dental hospital as as he has never had anything done other than check-ups out dentist though as he still gets hyped up at 16 it would be best done at the hospital. Anyway managed to print this cute clown whilst cooking dinner and got around to blinging him up this morning, so now just got to post and link and hope I'm not too late. 
I decided glitter was the best thing for bling and though I'm sure I will have forgotten about this card come september when my nephew is 5 thought I'd work on a card for him. He is autistic so thought he might like the bright glitter and big number 5, now just to remember and put it somewhere safe?!

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

Cards for men-lets party
Creative Cowgirls-turquiose and brown
Stamp something-cute things
Papercutz-anything goes
Charisma cardz-magic numbers
creative cottage-shaped cards



55 comments:

Debbie said...

Too cute!! Thanks so much for joining us this week in the Tea Room :)

Tammy said...

Fantastic gate fold card Julye!Thank you for joining our mini challenge at Bugaboo!
Tammy x

Rae Anne said...

Can't you just hear the rubber glove snapping right after Nurse Mildred says this? ;) Thanks so much for participating in Catch the Bug's blue & white mini-challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! :D MWAH!

pinky said...

Its just brilliant, love the sentiment. Thanks for playing along at C4E colour challenge this week.

Clare said...

so cute, thanks for playing along this week at the Shabby Tea Room!!

michele said...

gorgeous card :) thanks for joining us at c4e this week hugs x

Rach said...

sweet card, the first one made me chuckle.xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW you have been busy, Love them all, thanks for taking part in MAWTT this week Hazelxoxo

Cards By MI said...

A great bundle of cards you have made. Thanks for playing with us over at For Fun this week.
Love N hugs
Marie

Nancy Wethington said...

Very cute image. Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Great cards, lovely images. Thanks for joining us this week over at MAWTT, hugs Heidi x

sgc said...

Love all four of your challenge cards. Thanks for playing in the Bugaboo Challenges.

Lisa Jane said...

what a great set of cards - just fabulous
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT and Sarah Hurley this week
Lisa ;)

Doreen said...

Wow you have been busy I love all your cards.Thanks for sharing this with us at Cooking it up with Katie.xxx

Heather said...

Oooh my car has just changed colour from British racing green to Irish racing green!!!
Lovely card, such a cute image and the pink leather look paper is stunning!!

So glad you could join us at Truly Scrumptious,
hugs
Heather xx

Tammy said...

Hi Julye, I'm back! All of your cards are fantastic! Love the images! Thanks for Cooking it up with Katie this week and for joining in all the mini-challenges at Bugaboo!
Tammy x

sallysbitz2 said...

Great batch of cards x

Thanks for joining us @ For Fun Challenges.

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

skylife said...

"The nice nurse" LOL! Great card, love the colors and the image!
Thanks for joining us at DDSB

Jodie Mackrell said...

cute cards! love them all but I think Margaret is my favorite! thank you for joining this weeks Bugaboo birthday challenge at catch the bug!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

LOL I love the Nurse Ratchet card!! The others are cute too - fun images and pretty coloring!!

Thanks so much for sharing your work with us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

-Sarah

aqualeiga said...

Well, you HAVE been a busy girl!! Lovely cards, and thanks for sharing with us at 'For Fun' this week. Ali x

Meera said...

Great creations you busy bee x Thanks for joining us at For Fun x Meera x

Rae Anne said...

I'm back again, and I love the pink leather-embossed card stock! Pink + green is ALWAYS a great color combination! Thanks so much for participating in Catch the Bug’s sketch mini-challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! MWAH!

♥Jan♥ said...

Fun, funky flowers !! Thank you for playing with us this week at Papercraft Star!

Anonymous said...

Wow!So many cards!Great job.Your nurse card is so funny and love all the blues.Thnaks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best :D
Lisa x

Helen Dooley said...

WOW you have been busy making some really awesome cards. Thanks so michf ro sharing with us at For Fun.

Sheri Gilson said...

Great batch of cards!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Claudia & Co this week!!
Sheri-C&Co DT

Tracy said...

Those Bugaboo characters are too funny. :-) Great card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!

sue law said...

Some great card here Julye! I especially like your bad tempered nurse!

Thanks for joining in with our Tanda Teaser this time. Hope to see you next time!
Sue
x

Teri said...

Fabulous set of cards hun! You have been busy!
Thank you for playing along in our Delicious Doodles Challenge and good luck!
Hugs,
Teri x

Darlene said...

WOW girl ... you've been busy! What fun creations! Thanks so much for joining us at Delicious Doodles! Sure hope to see you again next challenge!!

Tammy Miller said...

wow all of the cards are just wonderful, thanks so much for playing along with us for our birthday bash!

Pami said...

Wow you have been busy!! Such a selection of fabulous cards. Thanks so much for sharing with us at MAWTT this week. Pami x

Katie said...

Cute collection of cards!
Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie this week :)

Gina said...

And what fabulous bling that is! What clown wouldn't be happy with on outfit like that :D Thank you for joining us at Creative Cowgirls XXX

Poppet said...

Great card Julye, love the sparkly clown and the hat peel offs. I also love the way Eeyore seems to be peeking around the edge of the card.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at Creative Cowgirls Challenge. :-) xx

Lynsey said...

What a cute card! Thanks so much for joining in the challenge at Crafter's Companion this month.
Hugs Lynsey x

Pauline said...

Hi Julye! I love your creation.... wonderfully coloured and glittery! Sakuras are used daily at my table! Thanks for joining us at For Fun this week! Love all your creations in the post!
Pauline

Nicole said...

Cute card - great sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

Chris said...

what a bunch of great cards.
thanks for joining us at Cooking It Up With Katie.

Barbara said...

What an adorable card! Love the number shape and the cute image. Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cowgirls this week. You surely have been busy, all your cards are adorable. XX

Karen said...

Great card, and I love the image, thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best.
xx

stampingmarianne said...

All your cards are beautiful!
Thanks for playing along at creative cowgirls,
Marianne

Jo Nevill said...

Wow. great cards !

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week.

Hugs,

Jo x

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

You've been a busy bee. The card you entered for Claudia & Co.'s color challenge is really cute. A wonderful little card for any buggy whose under the weather.

Smiles!
Gwen C&Co.

Mandy said...

Wow you have been busy..All the cards are beautiful.....Thanks for joining in with us at Cards for Men...
Mandy x

Suzie McFloozy said...

Wow you have been busy !!
Great cards x
Thanks for joining in with us at Cooking it up with Katie this week x
((hugs)) Suzie xx

Berry said...

What beautiful work! Thanks for sharing at the creative cottage hugs Rebekah xx

~*Joni said...

Hi Julye! What a wonderful lineup today of fabulous cards! Your caught a bug card is just adorable, perfect for this time of year when the yuckies are going around. ;) Thank you for joining us at Claudia & Co. this week!
~*Joni C&Co. DT

Michele Roos said...

Such wonderful cards Julye. Thanks for joining us this week at TS. Hugs Michele x

Alison said...

Great cards! Love your glittered clown. Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men.
Hugs, Alison x

Maria Moorhouse said...

Great work, thanks for joining us at Delicious Doodles ths week.
Maria x

Crafteezee said...

You've been busy Julye. Fabulous creations. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me. Hugs Tracy x
P.S. I have candy on my blog if you want to hop over.

Kleeblatt said...

Wonderful creations. Great idea the card with the five, I like it. Thanks for the playing by Creative Cowgirls. Good luck.

Monika

Christine said...

Wow, you've been so busy. I especially love the first card! What a great sentiment. Thanks for joining us at For Fun Challenges.