Saturday 2 April 2011

A card for Mum

Oh I have so been trying to decide what to do for my mums card for mothers day and I finally made the decision to go with this Sassy girl (you can buy them from Funky kits here). I just love how she's all dressed up but looks like she has no place to go. I was out shopping last week with mum and we went into Roman originals, they had some evening dresses that so reminded me of the race day in my fair lady full length black fitted with a huge black and white bow on the bodice and it was only £35 . Mum asked where I would wear it to as she knows how I so love posh evening dresses, I said at £35 I could wear it to do my cleaning in, she wasn't sure if I was serious or not, but I didn't buy it for those who are interested, but I was tempted.

Anyway thats why I picked this wee Sassy. I colourede her dress in blue my fav and added sparkles of course, well no posh coloured dress is complete without sparkles, I really need to ge out more, it sounds like I have a very sad life lol.
The papers are freebies from Bearly mine and have my favourite flower on dasies, and more sparkle with the irridesent mirri card. The ribbon I think came in a Kanban kit but love the colour and the sparkle too. The sentiment is made up of 3 peel offs a daisy 'mum' and 'love you' which was in a frame but I cut the frame off.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:-

Cooking it up with Katie-sparkle recipe
Paper Pretties-bring on the bling
Scrapbook sisters-mothers day
Pear tree designs-mothers day
Cupcake crafts-flowers for mum
Crafty Pad-for mum
Creative inspriation challenges-mothers day
Allsorts -bloomin blossoms
Stamp something-use something digi printed(My bearly mine papers)
Bearly mine -layout
Daring cardmakers-daisy or sweetpea inspired.
Delicious doodles-for mum
Digis with attitude-anything goes(i used digi papers)
Fun at fairy knoll-whatever
Paperplay-for mum
Sarah Hurley-mums the word
Stamp,scrap and doodle-Glitz
CES-children


31 comments:

aqualeiga said...

Hi Julye, your card is so sweet....that image is adorable, its those eyes.........We love to see your creations here at THE CRAFTY PAD, why not check out our altered CD competition, there are some FAB prizes up for grabs! Hugs, Ali x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Julye, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and colours you've used. Definitely a card any mum would be delighted to receive. Thanks for joining in with my challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Lynda said...

Beautiful card and I love the daisy paper - thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx

Nannieflash said...

Gorgeous card, love that cute image and your beautiful colouring. Thanks for joining us at Bearlymine, goodluck with the Challenge. with hugs Shirleyxxx

Claire said...

Gorgeous card, such beautiful colours! Thanks for joining us at Digi's With Attitude! this week and good luck
Claire xx

Lorraine said...

Smashing card. Love the image. Thanks for taking part at The Crafty Pad this week.

Susie said...

Beautiful card, such a sweet image and I love the pretty backing paper. Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs this week and good luck xx

Flutterby Trina said...

Beautiful card! Love the border in the middle! Thanks for playing along with us at Pear Tree Designs with our mothers Day Challenge! Good Luck xx

Cards By MI said...

Very sweet! Your mum will adore her card. Lovely take on my sketch. Thanks so much for playing with us over at BMC this week.
Love n hugs
marie

Debra said...

Hi Julye,

Beautiful card I love Sugar Nellie images and Donna's papers from Bearly Mine! I like the word art in the corner, elegant touch!

Thanks so much for joining us at the Digi's With Attitude! Anything Goes Challenge. Hope to see you again next challenge and Good Luck!

Debra
Digi's With Attitude! Design Team

sammi said...

Wonderful card. Great color palette. Thanks so much for playing in our anything goes challenge at Digi's With Attitude!

Chris said...

this is adorable and will make any mom happy.
thanks for playing with us at Paper Pretties.

brenda said...

Just lovely Julye and isn't she a cute image.

Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation and joining in my Bloomin’ Blossoms theme at Allsorts this week

B x

There's a Stampalot voucher up for grabs here

Kathy said...

Thanks for joining in with the April's Flowers of the Month challenge fromThe Daring Cardmakers

Céline said...

fab card, love the cute image beautifull colouring
thanks for playing with us at paperplay this week
hugs
céline PP DT

Donna said...

Incredibly pretty card and such lovely added flowers! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

Donna said...

Such a sweet card Lisa and beautiful added detail...thanks for sharing with us at CES this week...good luck :) Donna x

Tammy said...

Adorable card and I love that dp! Thanks for Cooking it up with Katie this week!
Tammy :)

Unknown said...

loving her eye color...and all the little sparkles on her outfit!...what a pretty card and perfetcly colored!

Well done:)

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

such a fab take on the sketch, and I love the image you have used…..
Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine......

Hugs
Judith

Zuzana Obert said...

Oh, what a sweet image Julye! I am sure that your mum is very proud of her talented daugter :0)

Zuzana x x

tt.scraps said...

Cute card. It does say all dressed up with no place to go. :)
Thanks for joining us on SSDS this week!!
Tammy, SSDS DT

Teri said...

Ahhh, such a sweet card hun!
Thanks for playing at The Delicious Doodles Challenge this week, and good luck with the draw!
Hugs,
Teri x

cheryl said...

this is one cute image and so love,the colurs on this great papers too, bless you for joining us at creative inspirtaions,this week,hugs cheryl xxxxx

Samm said...

Ahhhh love that image! Thanks for joining in with DCM this week.

Samm
x

Lisa Jane said...

what a cutie - love the design
Lisa x

Deirdre said...

Aaaah, super sweet. Love it.

Thanks so much for joining us on Paperplay this week. ♥

The Mama Monkey said...

I love the design of your card! Very unique and lovely!! Thanks for playing with SSDS this week!

jaine drake said...

Oh cute, such a sweet image. Thanks for joining the challenge with Sarah Hurley this week.

Unknown said...

So sweet, love your image, thanks playing along with DD this week
hugs
Ildiko

Milliesmarvels said...

This is adorable! I love the image! Thanks for joining us for the CES Challenge.
Jane
x