Wednesday 6 April 2011

Daffodilly sunshine card

Morning all, boy I never realised how addicted I am to my quick hop around blogland in a morning after I've got my son off to school. Hubby had been doing something on the computer and had disabled the Internet for whatever reason, I didn't ask but he didn't re-enable it and was in meetings all day so I had to wait till he was home to sort it out so no Internet yesterday drove me nuts, sad I know.


I did make a card though and went to the house we have bought to do up for our son  it needs loads of work so it will be disabled friendly and I am still trying to clear all the stuff the previous owners left. So far I have filled nearly 130 black bags of rubbish. Yesterday I picked up 3 black bags of empty bottles old dog toys  discarded children's clothes and empty food packets just from the back garden and took down a set of swings activity climbing frame thing, now there's only the 12ft trampoline to remove , the rabbit hutches,and dog kennel sand pit and Wendy house to go. Then I might be able to apply weed and feed and eventually cut the grass.


Today the builders are in to take out one of the walls and make the living space bigger , good job it will be a couple of years before our son will be ready to move in although I'm sure there are times now that he would like his own big space being 16, 17 on Easter Saturday.


My card I decided to do a spring type card but it may well get used as and Easter card for  Mum and Dad, not yet decided, as they are away for Easter.




I used a Popcorn the bear image that has never been inked before apart from for my new indexing system I'm trying to do, more about that later. I coloured with Promarkers and tried to give him a furry feel not sure I managed it but I like the effect I achieved anyway.
I used plain lemon card for the backing layers and added some vellum I punched for interest along with some thin emerald green ribbon. The flowers are a bunch I bought from Hobby craft last year which I beheaded and stuck to the card with PVA glue, and added more ribbon in a bow.

 I would like to enter this card for the following challenges:-


The crafty pad-flowers
Pollycraft-old and neglected
Dream Valley -things with wings( Popcorn's Ducky friend sorry can't remember his name)
Paper Sundaes-spring blossoms
Whoopsi Daisy-springtime
Lets ink it up-Easter
Totally gorjuss-layout
Sundays with Chrissy-Spring or babies
RRR-punches and dies
Pixie dust -fluttering wings-(my duck again)
Polkadoodles-no DP papers
I love Promarkers -Easter
Scrapbook sisters-yellow
Simon says-Easter/spring
ABC-r is for ribbon
TPE-Easter
EAC-Easter



26 comments:

Sande said...

Hi Julye!

Lovely card! Love those flowers.

Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy!

Hugs, Sande x

Sharon said...

Very pretty easter colours, sweet stamp and the daffodils really add to the card!
Thanks for joining us at Let's Ink It Up Easter challenge.
Stamping Hugs,
Sharon G.
aka Celticrafter

Scrappychick said...

This is absolutely Adorable! Thanks for playing with the Pixies this week, we hope to see you back again!
Cyndi

Unknown said...

Sweet card, adorable stamp, the daffodils are the perfect finishing touch. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU, good luck, Suzanne x

Saskia said...

So cute! Lovely to see your work at Polka Doodles! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

Greetings, Saskia :)

Sandra said...

Beautiful card,such a cute image...thanks for joining us this week at Pollycraft.

Take care
San x

Mandy said...

Blimey hun you have been busy, sounds like a huge job but I'm sure the results will be well worth the work.
I'll be thinking of you & Andrew on Tuesday & keeping my fingers crossed the op goes well, if he's anything like me he'll be away with the fairies on the codeine phosphate lol.

Julye your card is absolutely gorgeous, the image is adorable and those daffs are lovely.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Fiona said...

this is so super cute...perfect spring colours!! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

Fi

Tammy (LaDiva) said...

Super cute card and those daffodils are scrumptious!!!!!! Thanks for joining in at Let's Ink It Up's Easter challenge!!

Hugzzzz
Tammy xox

* Good luck with your renovations :)))

Ribbon Girl said...

Love your daffodil card - mind you, I don't know how you found the energy after all the things you removed from the back garden - wow! Hope the renovations go well - I just popped over from the Ribbon Girl blog! mary G x

Michele Roos said...

Oh such an adorable card Julye. Love the cute image and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

Super cute card and I love the heart punch border. Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Pad Flowers Challenge this week & good luck in the draw!

Unknown said...

oh, the bear looks so fluffy!...what a sweet card, love the yellows!...good luck with your challenges!

xoxo

Silvia said...

Hello Julye! This is such a pretty card. Love those flowers and all the dimension that adds to the card. Thanks for joining us at TPE!

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Very sweet, great fun colors and the flowers are gorgeous. Love your coloring on the image as well. Thanks so much for playing this week at WHOOPSI DAISY:)

Lorraine said...

That's great Julye. Love your daffs. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

katesacraftybugger said...

fab colouring , he looks very fluffy.thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week-Kate

Terry said...

Cute card! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

Crystal said...

So cute & those daffodils are gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes :)

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Hi Julye!
Love your card. Fabulous colouring and a really adorable image. Love the flowers too. Thanks for joining ut at WhoopsiDaisy this week. Hope to see more of your work here with us. Hugs...Mona

Sassy Scrapper said...

Beautiful Spring card. Thank you for joining us for this weeks challenge at Whoospi Daisy.
Hugs Bonnie
Whoopsi Daisy Designer

Mel said...

Aww gorjuss!
this wee card is so cute! I love that wee image and those daffies look fab!
Thanks for joining in the fun at Dream Valley Challenges
Hugs Melly xxx

aqualeiga said...

What a lovely card! Thanks so much for joining us at THE CRAFTY PAD. Don't forget to check out the awesome prizes up for grabs in our altered CD competition! Hugs, Ali x

debby4000 said...

Wonderful, beautiful card and love the sunny colours.
Thanks for joining us this week at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

Brenda Brown said...

What a fabulous card Julye, so bright and cheery. It's perfect for our Easter challenge at LIIU, thanks for sharing it with us.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Pop's Cards said...

This is very pretty sweetie, thank you for joining in our challenge at "Sunday's with Crissy" big hugs pops x x