Sunday 28 July 2013

A little Luck

My son and hubby keep nagging me lately to actually do something for me and spend some time relaxing but I find it hard when I know I've still plenty to do on the house we have bought for our son and are in the process of making disabled friendly , the gardens are all winning the war off weeds and overgrowth and life just seems busier now somehow.

The card I decided to make uses a lili of the valley stamp and I thought I might send it to my step brothers who after over 70 years of the family business being in Sheffield castle market have decided that when the market moves to new premises they are not going there but will be opening a shop in Division street Sheffield near the Yates pub with not only a butchers and fishmongers but a delicatessen also to start with. Its a big gamble and step for them so I wish them all the luck for success in the world.

I wanted a gentle start getting back into entering challenges so have stuck with monochrome and a bit of bling in siver mirri card, glitter pen on the stars on the paper and  around the horseshoe on the image and silver ribbon. I used different grey and black promarker pens and finished with a silver peel off and infilled the clover with silver glitter sakura gel pen, which seems to have reacted with the paper I printed and it for some reason looks green on the photo though in reality it does look silver.

Well guess I best show you all the results so you can see for yourselves.







I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-
Lilis little fairies-monochrome
crafts 4 eternity-anything goes
card makin mamas -monochromatic
chocolate coffee and cards-animals
one stitch at a time-anything goes




4 comments:

Mimi said...

Welcome back to the world of card challenges Julye and what a great card to mark your re-entry. Just love the monochromatic, so elegant :) Funny how the silver photographed in green but light has a funny way of playing games lol. Good luck in this weeks OSAAT challenge and hope to see you back again very soon. Hugs Jane OSAAT DT

Ingrid Mason said...

When I was browsing the OSAAT site my eye was quickly caught be your card because I thought to myself that there was just so much luck and love wished in this card. Reading your story, I think it would be lopvely to send your brothers as they embark on their new venture .... send them a frame too and then they can keep your best wishes with them on site :-) This really is a lovely card and very classy in its colouring. xx

CraftyGirl said...

Such cute kitties. Thank you for playing along this week at OSAAT. I sure hope to see you back again very soon. Good Luck in the challenge!!!

TTFN,

CraftyGirl OSAAT DT
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

Kat W said...

Your monochrome card is so elegant and I love those cute kitties!
Thanks for playing along with us at Lili's Little Fairies this week.

Hugs, Kat x