Friday 11 April 2014

To a special Grandma

A card for a special Grandma who lives in another country deserves to be special too.                                 I decided to use this cute bear from LOTV and try something new for me with my new embossing folders from die-sire. I used a chevron pattern and a daisy pattern to emboss some cram card and then cut a circle from it to make an aperture card. I've seen some lovely ones on the LOTV gallery but I'm quite happy with my first attempt.

The bear is coloured with promarkers (the flower colour inspired by some vibrant wallflowers I have in my garden) and then fussy cut before being stuck to some acetate that I placed behind the aperture, I love the glossy effect it give the backing paper that was a magazine freebie so it isn't the thickest of papers. I have to admit after colouring the bear I had real problems deciding on what colour papers to use for both the backing and the decorative strips I added top and bottom.

I eventually decided that blue would highlight the blue butterflies and the blue and pink paper I punched with a Martha Stewart border punch would tie in the backing paper too think that ones K and co. The sentiment is a tiny peel off that came with a creative nation kit from qvc many moons ago but was the perfect size to add to the envelope teddy is carrying. Hope she likes it. 



I would like to enter this card into the following challenges;-

A creative romance-Eggcellent spring
OSAAT-flowers
papercrafting journey-for a special lady
MAWTT-Easter or spring



7 comments:

Sue said...

Lovely card thanks for joining us at Paper Crafting Journey:)) Sue DT x

Craft buddy said...

I love the way you have the flower overlaping the cutout circle, gives great dimension. Thanks for joining us at Moving Along with the Times! xJessie

Nikki Byrne said...

Such a cute image :) Lovely card !
Thank you for sharing with us at OSAAT this week and good luck! Hugs NIKKI DT

CraftyGirl said...

So cute and I love all your embossing. Thank you for playing along this week at OSAAT. I sure hope to see you back again very soon. Good Luck in the challenge!!!

TTFN,

CraftyGirl OSAAT DT
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

Chantal said...

Great card! Thanks for joining our Spring-challenge over at Creative Knockouts this week!
Chantal

Jenny said...

Lovely card. Thank you so much for sharing with us at A Creative Romance. Jen x

Mari said...

Oh, such a sweet image and card :) Thanks for joining our challenge at Sunflowerfield Designs
Hugs, Mari