Sunday 5 October 2014

autumnal anniversary


Autumn can be a season with such contrasting days, it can be dull and miserable and be cold and wet and the leaves on the trees when turning colour in these conditions just add to the dreary feel. In contrast when the skies are clear and bright the blue just seems to make the turning leaves so vibrant that they dance as they shimmer and fall in the wind and even though it may be cold in the shade the sunshine still offers some warmth.                                                             My sister in law and her hubby and my brother both chose to marry in October. This card is for my sister in law and her hubby, hopefully she won't see it before the day. I chose to use this cute image
 from LOTV and go with the rich autumn colours and coloured with promarkers. 


I used a cram base card and added yellow/orange papers from papermania as the base layer. The gold heart card is from qvc ages ago.
I used x cut and spellbinders dies to mount the image on and used cream card for the sentiment which I stamped in brown ink.

I added cream ribbon and tied with a knot and finished with some flowers from my stash in rust and yellows adding pearls for the centres.
I'm hoping the happy couple enjoy their 11th anniversary and like my card in celebration of their happy day.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges;-

crafty calender October challenge-bingo (pearls,sentiment and die cuts)
Allsorts-autumn
LOTV-anything goes
just us girls-celebrate
sweet stampin - autumn
A creative romance-in the garden
brown sugar-autumn/fall
graph'it colour challenge-autumn colours


9 comments:

Sharyn Polesel said...

What a fun Anniversary card! It certainly captures the feeling of fall. Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

Nancy said...

Cute image...thanks for playing along with us at JUGS~

Nancy said...

Cute image...thanks for playing along with us at JUGS~

Ina G said...

I agree it is such a cute image. Lovely layout and sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Us Girls Word Challenge this week.

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous Autumn creation,I love it Thanks for joining in with us at Graph'It colour challenge this time, Good Luck
Kevin xx

Jo Channon said...

What a lovely time of year to get married! I am sure they will love receiving this card and perfect for the Allsorts Challenge this week Jo x

Anne said...

Another lovely card Julye, good luck!

Anne x
Lili of the Valley

mixamatoasties said...

Great card.

Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin'

Susan

Sammy said...

Oh how sweet! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x