Tuesday 19 April 2016

kitchen salt splodges

A card I made with some paper I'd been playing around with. I love the sheen moonglow mica pigment inks have and the different tones too. I'd painted this piece a while ago on just ordinary cartridge paper and tried a technique I used when silk painting. Sprinkling table salt and rock salt onto the wet paint and leaving to dry(requires a little patience as a heat gun blows the salt around) when brushed off leaves a really pretty pattern. 

I used this paper to die cut butterflies in with a memory box die and placed on a white base card and instantly have white butterflies.



 I added a brown satin ribbon and tied with a knot and I think a masculine card. My son says not but for someone into gardening or butterflies I think so ,although I would be happy to receive a card in these colours so maybe it could be girly too.




I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

come and get it-things with wings

the paper players- CAS butterflies

RRR -things with wings and ribbon

make my monday - butterflies




6 comments:

Susan Sudbury said...

Love this! Your salt technique turned out magnificently, and looks beautiful with the die cuts in it :) Thanks for playing along at CAGI this week!
Susan - DT

Karen Letchworth said...

Definitely some of the prettiest butterflies I've seen today. Great job, and thanks SO MUCH for sharing your talents with us. We really hope you wil join us again soon.
Karen
Really Reasonable Ribbon

Nance Leedy said...

What a cool technique and love the die cut butterflies! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

MaryAnn Samuelson said...

Thank you for joining us at Come and Get It Challenges, your project is fab ~ DT MaryAnn

Hannelie said...

I LOVE your design! Great effect with the technique you used !
Thanks for joining the Paper Players!

Leslie said...

Fabulous project with so many wonderful details! Thanks so much for sharing your project with us in the Really Reasonable Ribbon's "Things with Wings" challenge!
Hugs,
Leslie, RRR DT
Love To Scrap!
Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog DT
Really Reasonable Ribbon DT
House of Cards DT
Crafty Friends DT
My Crafting Stories DT