Sunday 17 April 2016

water colour wishes

 I have seen many water colour cards around blog land and this prompted me to dig out my paints. I have always shyed away from using water colour paper in my card making but its good to try new things so I had a go and am quite pleased with resulting card.

 I used a poppy stamps die delicate chrysanthemum  and used it as a mask whilst literally dabbing on splodges of water colour paint from a fairly dry brush so the paint didn't run under the mask, as I was only holding it in place. I did 2 flowers turning the die cut for added interest. The die cut I used as the mask looked pretty with its two tone colour so with paint the stem green ready for use on a future project.

Once dry I took a white base card and stuck the water coloured paper to the bottom half of the card base cutting the top on a slight diagonal angle. I stamped and embossed a dark room anniversary stamp in versamark ink and powder embosed with moonglow venus violet blue powder keeping with the purple /blue tones.
I used some lilac ribbon to hand tie a small bow and added a length across the top of the diagonal before adding the bow with a glue dot.

I really like the finished card and am happy I tried and learnt something new. 



I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

craft dee bowz -anything goes with a bow

stamplorations -theme and sketch
(splatters and stamps and layout which I flipped)

poppystamps challenge -splish -splash

stamping sensations -one for the girls

addicted to stamps - pastel colours

Auds sentiments -anything goes

craft rocket -favourite colour combo
(my go to colours white ,blue and shades of purple for girly cards anyway)

cute card thursday -make your own embellishments
(my hand tied bow)

crafty gals corner -die cuts/punches

curtain call -simplicity












16 comments:

Melissa L. said...

Very pretty blues and purples, Julye. Thanks for playing along at ATSM.

Viv said...

Great job! Watercolouring gives a lovely soft effect to cards and this is no exception! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.

Marybeth said...

Hi Julye! Thanks for your sweet comment on the blog blitz! Your card for the challenge is beautiful ,loving the blues you used! Thanks for joining us in the Poppystamps Challenge ! Your profil about you made me lol! Keeps you quiet!

Gail said...

What a pretty card. I love the watercoloring and purples and blues are gorgeous together as a combination! Your purple ribbon is so pretty and made a very cute bow. Thanks for joining us at Craft-Dee BowZ for our April challenge. Hugs, Gail

Cross Stitch Claire said...

Just gorgeous, love the colours! Thanks for joining us at craft Rocket, Claire DT x

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is beautiful!

Amy Cohen said...

Lovely work- beautiful color choice. Thank you for sharing your wonderful talents with us at Crafty Gals Corner.
Amy-DT

brenda said...

Really striking colours and design Julye, it's lovely to see you at Stamping Sensations, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Creative world said...

Beautiful watercolor card...love your color combination...Thank you for joining us ATSM...ĹžELJKA

Dora said...

This is so pretty, Very nice that watercoloureffect.
Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

Helen said...

Great card.

Thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday.

Helen N x

Michele K. Henderson said...

This is an amazing technique with the die! Beautiful watercolor effect! Thanks for playing along with us over at Poppystamps!
Take Care!
Michele

Suchi said...

LOVE the water colors and wonderful effect of the card! Thank you so much for playing along with us at STAMPlorations this month! :)
Suchi - DTxx

Jennifer Scull said...

VERY pretty! love that you added the diagonal, too.

Thank you for joining our 'Anything Goes' challenge at Aud Sentiments! :)

Jeanne J. said...

Brilliant to create a mask with your poppy die! The watercolor is amazing - I'm so glad you decided to dig out your paints!

Sari / Granne said...

Beautiful take on the sketch, lovely field of flowers you have created and really like the colors you have chosen. Thank you for joining STAMPlorations April challenge and hope to see you again soon.