Wednesday 14 June 2017

A weed or not a weed that is the question?

Anyone who knows me knows I love daisies , I love all flowers but I do have favourites just like everyone else and daisies are top of my list. I believe in a quote I think from Eeyore  that 'weeds are flowers too' and for me a weed is just a flower in the wrong place and in my garden I do have rather a lot of those at present.

Anyway I remember mum having some Michaelmus daies in her garden as a child they just looked like purple daisies so when out with mum one day whilst waiting for a tram I saw some growing on waste ground I wandered over and pulled one up just one sinlge daisy. Mum said it would die before we got home but when home I put the wilted flower in water and the following day it had sprung back to life nd I planted it. That was aboyt 15 years ago and now I have lots of daisies in places I don't want them but I keep pulling them up before they go to seed and still they come . A few is ok but not sure I like it when they take over.

Michaelmas daisies not only make me think of my childhood but summer too so my CAS card was designed with that in mind.


I used a daisy stamp and masking  created a strip of flowers., which I coloured with promarkers. They are a little more purple than the daisies I have in my garden but I love the richness of that deep colour. I then cut the strip so some of the petals were trimmed and mounted on some green mirri card to give a border. I finished the card by adding to a white base card.

No sentiment as yet as it could be birthday , thank you  or even a get well card and I could add a peel off or a mini tag so the card could go landscape or portrait depending on the sentiment position but I think I like it landscape for a change.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-


Colour crazy -anything goes


create and makes -anything goes optional use yellow

Addicted to stamps and more - anything goes

flower power challenge - anything goes


4 comments:

Creative world said...

Beautiful CAS card with awesome colors,love it...thank you for joining us at COLOUR CRAZY CHALLENGE this week,hope to see you again
Ċ½eljka DT xx

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

Pretty card ! Thank you so much for sharing your work with us at Creates and Makes

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Love the bold and beautiful colors on this flowers, great CAS design too.
Thank you for sharing with us at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, hope you play again next time.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.DT

Susan Renshaw said...

Love this strip of daisies!
Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
Susan
Addicted to Stamps and More
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!