Friday 11 December 2009

Magic in the air blog hop challenge

Magic in the air blog hop not only has a sentence to collect but also a challenge.
The challenge comes in the form of a recipe as follows;

Use 1 tag
add 2 textures
mix 3 patterned papers
fold in 4 pieces of ribbon
Sprinkle 5 brads or 5 buttons

There is also a digi stamp to use.
Along the blog each dt member has a real edible food goodie recipe and some sound really sweet and very fattening, just the thing everybody wants over the holidays.

Well my project following the recipe, I decided to make in the form of a large tag as I and my son have clubed together to buy hubbies pressie can't say what it is just in case as hubby does know my blog site and spends alot of time surfing the net. The only other way hubby might find out is via our son who despite putting cash towards the pressie is absolutely hopeless at keeping secrets and will start dropping hints to hubby who will then very easily trick son into spilling the beans so to speak. he is so hopeless with secrets if we get to christmas day we will have achieved a miracle, I keep thinking as he gets older, now 15 that this will be the year we keep a suprise so I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but he just loves giving presents and can't wait to share lovely really in some ways.

Sorry I digress so easily, back to my project .
Use 1 tag- I made it into a tag using acetate and stuck white card on the reverse already written on for ease as I don't think it would have been easy otherwise.
My 2 textures , I am so pleased this turned out just as I visualised when I started, not something that happens often , my 2 textures, 1 - pink glitter paper all rough to the touch and 2- my cup cake case as I folded the paper so it is 3 dimensional proper touchy feely hope this counts?
Mix 3 patterned papers- well i sort of did a mix of paper piecing and decoupage , the mouse is one, the cupcake case my second and the love heart my third.
Fold in 4 pieces of ribbon- well my tag tie is my first and I did think I would struggle for the other 3 but the band around the case is my second and I found a tutoiral on how to tie bows somewhere on the net the other day sorry can't remember where and that used 2 separate pieces of ribbon to create the bow so these are my three and four.
Sprinkle with 5 brads or 5 buttons- here I struggled as I only had flower brads and they just didn't look right so hope the artistic lisence allows for craftworks candy legless brads as they look like chocolate sprinkles and hubby is very partial to chocolate.







My patterned papers close up, well 2 of them.





















My cupcake case close up so you can see the texture.





I have already put my sentence I found in another post but just for good measure.

' Paper cupcakes where the main ingredient is love' just sums it up really. Thanks for a fun challenge and blog hop.

I thought I might also enter another 2 challenges that have challenges to use paper piecing, they are Tellens and Lili-boo too hope they don't mind sharing after all it is nearly christmas.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and those who aren't organised for the holidays are blessed with some extra time to allow them to become organised.

13 comments:

craftieodmae said...

I love your tag! You have done such an outstanding job! Thanks so much for joining us at TMITA!

Do What You Love said...

What a beautiful tag! The cupcake is scrumptious; no wonder the mouse is anxious to have at it! I love the papers you used and all the work you put into making this - stunning! Thank you for playing along with us at Tellen's Place.

Shelly said...

Super creative!!! You did an awesome job with this challenge. Your tag is darling.

Kim Mc said...

BEAUTIFUL! Love the paper piecing and use of the acetate tag! BRILLIANT! Thanks for playing with us on the blog hop and stop on by and play with our regular weekly challenge which also has a surprise and a super cute image this week! ;)

Aloha, Kim
TMITA Design Team member
Check out the free weekly digi!

Deanna C said...

I am in awe! I love what you have done. What you did for the cupcake cup is ingenious. WOW! I am in love with this one.

Loopylou. said...

juyleb this is too cute!!! i love the little cupcake!! thank you for playing with us again over on lily-boo too xxx

Danielle said...

LOVE that you made a tag instead of a card!! This is so beautifully done with very creative ways of using all the 'recipe ingredients'!!! Love the paper pleating for the cupcake case!
Thanks for joining with the TMITA blog hop!
Hugs, Danielle

Nilla said...

Gorgeous, what a lovely idea! Love the papers!! Thanks for participating in our Blog Hop! Hugs Nilla TMITA Team

Fink said...

Great job with the paper piecing! Thanks for joining us at Tellen's Place

The Other Patti Sue said...

Just adorable! Love all the texture! You did a great job with the recipe! Thanks so much for playing with us at TMITA!

Michelle B said...

Wow! Great job with the piecing. Thanks for joining us over at Tellen's Place this week.

Hugs,
Michelle B.

Patti J said...

How cool that your tag is the main focus, rather than having a tag on your main focus! Great job - wonderful idea! Good luck! Hope to see you back on Magical Monday!

Nina said...

awe... such a wonderfully cute tag!! LOVE what you did with the paper piecing! And look at that cupcake, so elegantly done. Love what you did with the cupcake holder and the ribbon around it is just awesome! Great take on the recipe challege. Lovely card! Thanks for joining us in our recipe hop, as well as the challenge!

http://papercupcakes-stamps.com/