Thursday 28 April 2011

A card for a special grandma

Hope today finds you all fit and well and for those in the UK looking forward to another long weekend. I seem to be in a patriotic mood  again with the colours this card but this one was at the request of my son. It's his Grandmas birthday in a few days so he's chosen which image he wants and all I have to do is make it, I've not shown him yet but I'm hoping fingers crossed he approves. He's not into girly cards so when he chose a girl for his card I was a little surprised but I think he's beginning to understand what girls like, could this be worrying for me now he's just turned 17, ....not sure, I don't think I'll think about that right now plenty of time to worry later.

Anyway my card I was amazed at how many challenges it actually fits, which is always a nice surprise when you make a card and then look for challenges, well I think so anyway. I stamped the butterflies straight onto the card in ultramarine ink and then added the red stitched ribbon. The card I used for the base of my image and the cc design wee girl from the spring sugarplums last year is the base of a bought card as I like the linen effect. The base is mounted on red mirri card and both layers I distressed, I still don't like doing this but it fit with the chintz shabby look I'd decided to go with. I then edged with the ultramarine ink again. The swing is also from the same sugar plum set and I was brave and stamped it directly onto my card over the base layer and paper pieced the branch and the seat, just for a different look. The girl I coloured with promarkers and added a wee gem for a bit of bling to her top and used sakura glitter pen to sparkle up her socks.



I then finished with a lotv sentiment again stamped in ultramarine and distressed and 2 ribbon flowers I made sewn together and stuck on with sticky square.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

The ribbon girl-red,white and blue
gingerloft-layout
Oldie but goodie-fit for a queen or princess
Lollipop -shabby chic or vintage
Shabby tearoom-butterflies
Scrapbook sisters-distressing
Crafty creations-white space,hope there's enough to count
Fab n funky-red,white and blue +3 ribbons
Colour me crafty-black hair
Phindy's place-paper piecing
crafts and me-distressed/vintage

19 comments:

Ribbon Girl said...

Hi Julye - yur card is FAB! I love her tee-shirt and bling and your flower made from ribbons - reslly good! Thanks so much for joining in with the Ribbon Girl colour challenge. Mary G x

andrea said...

Fab card,sweet image and love the rosette,thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky
andrea

Agnieszka M said...

Bautiful card. Sweet image!
Thanks for joining us at Lollipop Crafts this week and good luck!
Hugs
Agnieszka

Zulma said...

Cute card! nice image and colors. Thanks for playing with us at Lollipop Crafts this week, good luck!
Zulma DT

Dorcas said...

Nice job on this! Great layout.:-) Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Phindy’s Place !
Hugs,
Dorcas
Ps) if you haven’t already done so, check out my “no strings attached “ blog candy going on right now til May 13th. Lots of winners! (located in my sidebar)

Anne said...

Very cute card, love the background you made! Thank you for joining us and taking the Phindy’s Place Challenge, do hope you’ll join us again this Friday!
Hugs
Anne

Lisa Jane said...

aww what a cute little girl and she looks fab in those patriotic colours
Thanks for joining our challnenge at Oldie but a Goodie this fortnight
Lisa x

Unknown said...

Awww this is really cute, love your blue white and red card xxx

Tami said...

I love it and thanks so much for playing at gingerloft

Lynn said...

Wonderful card and love the cute little girl on the swing:)
Thanks so much for joining us at GingerLoft Challenges
Huggs
Lynn xxx

Francesca said...

Absolutely wonderful card

Thanks for joining us at OLDIE BUT A GOODIE CHALLENGE this Fortnight and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca

craftyb said...

Such a cute image - I'm sure your son will be delighted with the results! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations! bx

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

This is a great card and a fabulous layout. Such a fun swing too! Thanks for joining the Make it Colourful challenge this week! :D

Lynn's scraps said...

How lovely thanks for joining us at the Gingerloft hope to see you again soon Lynn

Gem said...

a beautiful creation Julye, thanks for joining in with our Sketch challenge this week at Gingerloft! Gemma :)

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

A great card with fab colouring of her hair! :) Thanks for joining us at MIC this week x

Pattie said...

Oh how cute! So glad you could play along with us in the Tea Room this week!

Sharon said...

What a lovely card.
Thanks for joining us at Fab 'n' Funky this time, hope to see you again soon.
Sharon x

Angela said...

Great job on this. I love your layout and your stamped background paper with all the butterflies.Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me Challenges.
Hugs:)
Angela