Friday 15 April 2011

Smile like a cheshire cat

Hi all well I've managed to catch a few mins here and there over the last couple of days to make a card. Andrew is doing really well and has now started to get around walking for short distances around the house so that makes life easier for me than when he has to move everywhere in the wheelchair, though from the bits of foot I can see through the dressings his foot is some lovely shades of purple and he is complaining it's itching and sweaty, always a good sign that he is on the mend.

My traumas this morning are the burglar alarm on the house we are having building work done on as it keeps going off when the builders aren't here, and not sure why but it is driving me and the neighbours mad as I can't stop it and just have to wait for it to reset, fingers crossed it doesn't do it again especially in the night, or I'll be really unpopular.


My card is a fab digi from Dustin Pike one we were generously given to work with for the challenge at Creative craft challenges. I decided to have a play and make my own backing paper to co-ordinate which I actually made last Sunday morning.The image I managed to find the right colours for using Promarkers , the sentiment is LOTV and dusted in mica powders from moonglow via the stampman. The ribbons and mirri card are from my stash.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

Dustin Pike Doodle dragon studio-birthday
For fun challenges-colour challenge, I used green, purple and pink
Bizzy Becs store challenge-make your own DP
Critter sketch challenge-layout
Addicted to stamps-birthday
Simon says-for a child
Ladybug crafts- celebration
crafty catz-furry friends
Digi doodles-stripes

36 comments:

Denise said...

Fantastic fun card - totally love that image. Thanks for joining us at DDSB this week xx Denise (DT)

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Julye :-) the image really made me smile ,,, very cute !! Love the paper and colours too ,, fabulous !! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

ahlers5 said...

What a great image! Love the coloring, too. Thanks for joining us thus week at DDSB.
Diane

Donna said...

This card certainly made me smile, its fabulous Julye. Thanks for joining us at the DDSB Challenge, hope to see you again. hugs Donna x

carol said...

oooh happy fun card, love it, thanks for playing along with Craftycatz this week, x carol

Whimsey said...

LOL - what a fabulous image; made me giggle!

Great colors - so vibrant!

Thanks for joining us a LCI this week!!

Hugs, Michele

Unknown said...

ha ha what a funny cat, love the colours and those teeth are funny funny :)

Debs M said...

well done on the bp. it's fab! great image too. Thanks for joining the Stripes Challenge at DDSB x
Debbie DT

Gramma said...

I love all those teeth on the background! I chuckled. Cute card.

Kerry said...

What a great card Juyle...looks like the cat has got the cream with that smile lol. You did a great job with the background too. Thanks for joining in the fun at LCI this week xx

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie fabulous card love the image he put such a smile on me face.
I cant wait to see your sweet pea hun....ooohhh so excited...you know what I'm like with sweet pea hun lol.
Fab about Andrew hun I will keep my fingers crossed.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Julie said...

Great project! Thanks for joining us in our stripes challenge at DDSB
Hugs,
Julie

Georgia Ehrmann said...

such a fun card and I love that cat! Thanks for playing with us at Critter Sketch this week!
Hugs,
Georgia

Aunty Sue said...

Fab fun card and thanks for joining Crafty Catz this week

Teresa said...

What a bright & cheerful card, thank you for joining us at ATSC
Teresa xx

Lisa Jane said...

oh what a fun pusst cat ... grinning from ear to ear.. fab colours
Thanks for joining our celebration challenge at LCI this week
Lisa x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Super image and a great way of using the stripes for our challenge. Thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Fun happy card.The backing paper looks fab.Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best :D
Lisa x

Marilyn said...

What a great card! Smokin' image, fab colouring & I love those teeth!
Thanks for joining us at Bizzy Bec's April Challenge.
Marilyn S

Kleine85 said...

That's a great image and and teh card is cute.

Thanks for joining us at ATSC.

Hugs, Tanja

Gramma said...

I agree with the "gramma/imposter" the teeth did make me chuckle. I really like the layout with the chenile and bling.
Hugz,
Gramma

Colleen said...

Very cute - love that background paper! Thanks for joining us at Critter Sketch Challenges!

dj1952 said...

Julie your card is fab. Dustin Pike does have a great line of stamps, etc. I love that part of your stripes are actually on the cat! Cool move. Hope to see you next week on DDSB. Hugs, dj

Gill McCall said...

What a cool cat image and such a gret take on our challenge. Thanks for joining as as DDSB.

Jane said...

"Say Cheese" - hee hee - what a great card - thanks for joining us in the playground ~ Jane

Rikki Holley said...

SMILE :0)
This card made me smile.
Ri

CraftyGirl said...

Love that smile! Great job.
Don’t forget to visit me over at Craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

Karen said...

What a cute, fun card! It really made me smile! :0) Thank you so much for joining us at DDSB for our Stripes challenge. Hugs. Karen.x
P.S. why not check out my 100 Follower Challenge - there are some amazing prizes up for grabs!xx

Denni said...

This card makes me GRIN and laugh! GREAT card!! :D

Ginny said...

too cute, thanks for joining us at DDS :)

Pauline said...

He is so much fun! Love the creation.... thanks for joining us at For Fun Challenges this week!
Pauline

marsha said...

This is just the cutest cat ever! Love your coloring. Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Critter Sketch Challenge, hope you will come back and play again next week!
Hugs,
Marsha
CSCB-DT

Loz said...

:D love you DP!! very clever, thanks for playing along with Bizzy Becs this month ♥

Karen said...

Great card, love the backing paper too, thanks for joining us at DDSB.
xx

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

Wow how cheerful, sure makes you smile, love it. Thanks for joining us at 'Bizzy Bec's Challenge blog'.
hugs
Sue xo

Leonie said...

Just too cute! Love how you used the smile to make your DP. thanks for joining in with us at Bizzy Bec's for our April challenge
Hugs Leonie