Friday 11 April 2014

A different kind of fast food

 A card for my stock pile of guy cards , I seem to find them easier to make than girly ones guess that's what happens when you have sons and not daughters and hubby and son both work in a place where girls are in the minority big time.

I used this fun LOTV image as the weather has been nice and all the ads on the radio seem to be gearing up for the start of gardening and barbecue season. This cute chappie seems to have made off with the sausages guess they were too good to resist not being charcoal black like many BBQ sausages from my experience. Guess I don't go to the right BBQ parties.

I followed the Saturday sketch from LOTV but not sure if the challenge has closed yet but thought it was a fun sketch. I decided to try and do the challenge at crafty little fairies that was shabby chic or vintage but I've missed the challenge anyway. Have to say I'm not altogether what shabby chic style is when it comes to cards so I went for an aged look with the hope that they will accept it as being vintage.

I used a Kraft base card and add some faded effect dark green patterned paper that I have no idea where it came from as all the bits I used were in my scraps folder. I matted this on some paper that has rusted letters on and distressed the edges with a pair of scissors then added ink to the roughed up edge. I added the plaid paper again roughed and inked edges and the same to the strip of rusted letter paper I layered on top of that.

The sentiment is stamped in momento cocoa ink and stippled with a paint brush using the same ink to soften the white card. I stippled around the image of the dog too for the same reason to age its look. I used spellbinders dies to cut the circles and a sakura pen to add faux stitching as a finishing touch.



I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

sentimental Sundays- vintage or steam-punk
As  you like it-stitching real or faux ( this time round faux and although I bought a wee sewing machine just for ding cards I do find faux so much quicker and controllable too even though I love the real thing for embroidery and dress making)
polkadoodles-animal magic
red rubber inspirationals-masculine birthday
time outoptional masculine
fairies challenge blog-vintage/shabby chic


16 comments:

Nonni said...

How cute! I love the LOTV image. Thanks for taking the TIME OUT and joining our challenge!

Sparkly Engineer said...

What a fun image love the idea of the pup making off with dinner.

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Totally darling image on your card!! Thank you for joining my challenge at the Red Rubber Inspirationals blog this week! Lynda - DT Champion Red Rubber Designs

Lynn said...

Oh this is oh too cute! Great stamping and coloring. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

Linda said...

This card is so cute, love your image, Excellent job of distressing, adds just the finishing touch, Thanks for playing at The STamping Boutique

Karon said...

Such a sweet card - love the great little image. Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles for our Animal Magic Challenge.

verybellemakes said...

Cute little image! Thanks for joining the Sentimental Sundays, hope to see you again soon.

Victoria DT

Bev said...

What a fabulously cute image lol your card fits in so well with our 'Animal Magic' challenge over at polkadoodles

Gerrina said...

Super funny! Great stamp...
Thanks taking the Time Out to join us, Gerrina

~ Kendra ~ said...

hehe...too cute! Fun image!! Great design! Thanks for joining us at Red Rubber Inspirationals!

Red Rubber Designs said...

Love the colors on your card! Thanks for playing along with us at Red Rubber Inspirationals!

Drea Slee said...

So adorable!! Great image! Thanks for joining us @ Red Rubber Inspirationals!

Peanut said...

A beautiful project, Juyle. The little doggie is perfect for our Animal challenge. Thanks for playing with us at PolkaDoodles.
xxx Asha

Lisa Kind said...

This is so adorable and I love that image! Thanks for taking the Time Out to play with us!

Anonymous said...

Super cute card and love the stitching its so fun to do faux, Thanks for joining in with our challenge at As You Like It,
hugs Samantha :0)

Lynn said...

Too cute! What an adorable image. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!