Saturday 26 April 2014

baby popcorn? and my sons new baby


I received this image ages ago in a craft rak swap, I think it a popcorn the bear image. I think he's really cute so i coloured him with the palest brown promarkers I could.

I fussy cut him out as I had an idea of how I intended using him.  I found some card blanks I had forgotten about many of them tri fold cards but A6 size and I found a textured cream card I thought would make a perfect baby card.

In the last Docrafts magazine I bought there was a free Cd which had forever friends images, toppers, bits and pieces and papers to print. I just loved this bumble bee paper and thought it would be just right behind an acetate window.

I added the bear image off set to the corner of the window and the position of the bees gave the card balance.

The layout was from catch the bug  stella sketch challenge but I think I've missed that deadline but it just worked as it kept the focus on the image.




I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

A gem of a challenge-cute and cuddly
Incy wincy-furry friends
eureka-CAS
craft your passion-pretty pastels


Lastly I'd like to introduce you to Issy my son's new baby, not human but I'm sure she will be as loved and spoilt by my son. He moved into his own home in january and the saying goes new home new baby and as he is just 20 I'm quite happy that his new baby has 4 furry legs and one very cute face and personality.

Meet Issy 



and here with her proud Dad. I always knew my son was a big softie and he is totally smitten with this kitten.





4 comments:

karalschuknecht said...

Super cute card, and I love the bees in the background. Thanks for joining us this week for our "Clean & Simple Challenge." Come back to join us again and good luck.
Karal Eureka DT

Bonnie Irvine said...

The composition of this card is wonderful. Love the bear sitting in the corner of the opening with those sweet bees in the background. The textured paper and the pearls are great details. I think I am smitten with Issy, too. How cute is she! Thanks for playing along with our Pretty Pastels challenge at Craft Your Passion this week. I hope we see you again soon.

Anonymous said...


Super Cute Card love the Background and the image. So nice.
Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge.
hugs Elfie

Helen said...

A really cute card - love the way you've used the acetate.

Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.

Helen x