Monday 14 April 2014

egg head bunnies



I live quite a way from my nephews and won't see them at Easter so i like to send them a fun card. One made so far and I really need to get on with the other but I thought this might appeal to my nephew who's 7.

The bunnies are a freebie digi from Beccy's place and I am quite liking these aperture cards so thought I'd give it a go for 3 on a card. I have these squares of patterned paper from a scrap-booking set from qvc there are loads of them and I've never been sure what to use them for ,so I thought I'd have a go at some paper patchwork.

The stitching is all done with sakura gel pen and the images are coloured with promarkers.


The sentiment is  hand written again in sakura and the banner is an autoshape from microsoft word package coloured in promarkers again.



The bunnies peep through the apertures when the card is stood up.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

Beccy's place-use a Beccy's image
Just for fun-Easter
Alphabet challenge-E is for Easter
Open minded crafting- Easter or pastel colours





16 comments:

Sharla said...

What a fun card, I'm sure your nephew will love it!! I love the bunny heads and the windows on the front, very cute!! Thank you for joining us at OPen-Minded Crafting Fun!! :)

Beccy said...

Your card is fabulous Julye! I love the patchwork look on the front of the card, it's a great idea for using up little pieces of paper and really looks effective. You chose great colours for Easter too. I really love the three egg shaped windows you cut for the bunnies to peep out of, I think that's so clever and I'm sure your nephews are going to love it! Great job!
Cheers,
Beccy

Unknown said...

Oh how cute . love love love this . thank you for joining in over at seemacrafts Easter challenge

Basslady said...

this is so lovely!
thanks so much for playing along with us at Alphabet-Challenge!

 

Hugs and kisses from germany,

silvi xoxo

Unknown said...

So cute!!! Those bunnies are adorable. LOVE the design!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

- Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
{Scrap A Thousand Words}

Susan Renshaw said...

I love these bunnies! Thanks for joining us at Just For Fun!

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Gorgeous card bet your nephews will love it. Thank you for joining us over at Open Minded Crafting Fun, Good Luck and we hope to see you again soon. Alison DT xx

Larelyn said...

Oh my goodness, these are delightful and just so darn cute. Thanks for sharing at OMCF.
Hugs,
Larelyn

Mrs.B said...

This is so cute, love the design.
Thanks for playing along with us at Alphabet Challenge.
Avril x

deesdesigns said...

Your card just makes me smile - love it! I don't think it can get much cuter than this! Thank you for sharing your beautiful creation with us at Di's Designs! Happy Easter!!!

Stine said...

Wonderful card.
Thanks fr joining us at hanna and friends .
Hugs stine

Crafting Vicky said...

ohhhh those are totally gorgeous card!!!! love the aperture that you have added.

Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky. I have a great giveaway so don’t forget to join in  Crafting Vicky giveaway post 

Cec said...

What a fun card for boys. Love the quilted background. hanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
Hugs!
Cec

Unknown said...

Thanks for entering over at just for fun, this is such a fun card for your nephew.
Cat dt member

Unknown said...

So cute x thanks for joining us at seemacrafts x

pauline said...

brilliant ,
Thanks for entering over at just for fun challenge over at Seemacrafts xx