Wednesday 9 April 2014

Lilacs in the springtime

Lilacs in the springtime think that's a song but I thought they would make the perfect image for my mum in laws birthday at the beginning of May. I didn't have a stamp that just has lilac on but I did have this lilac flower fairy. I coloured her with promarkers and added sparkle to her wings with sakura stardust gel pen.

I recently got these grand nestabilities spellbinders dies and I now know why people get addicted to die cutting. i decided to make an easel card using a score pal to make the score lines but decided to keep it simple by letting the image and the fancy edges of the die cuts tell the story so to speak. I used a small fancy circle spellbinder die onto which I stamped the sentiment from LOTV. I finished the front of the card with a hand tie bow.


 The inside of the card I I again used a die cut and covered it with some lilac heart patterned paper and added a go kreate die cut as a place for the message to be written.

I added some flowers and punched leaves as the stop for the card front when opened, I didn't have the exact colours so I changed their colour by using promarkers in the colours I coloured the image in.








I really love the look these dies create you hardly need embellishment and I can already feel another addiction growing-poor bank account.




Sorry about the photo quality but for once the sun was shining but hope you get an idea of how the card looks.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

passion for promarkers-use a sentiment
paperminutes-more than one fold
whoopsi daisy -things with wings
The ribbon girl april card challenge-spring
Di's digis-spring
scorepal-more than 1 fold and monochrome (hope mine counts as its mostly monochrome
Really reasonable ribbons-flowers or buttons and bows
bearly mine-spring

5 comments:

Ella's Design said...

Sweet fairy card, Julye! Love the pretty die cut layers, fab colouring and floral embellishments!
Thanks for joining in with my theme this week at Passion for Promarkers! Lisa x

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a gorgeous fairy card you have made here. It fits our challenge this month well of “Spring”. Thanks for taking part and good luck. Best wishes, Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team Leader)

Anonymous said...

Lilacs are my all-time favorite spring flower, I just love the scent they fill the air with. Thanks for the memory. Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at Di's Digi Stamps and our Spring Challenge! Dee

Blueboreale (Aurore) said...

Jolie carte !
Merci pour ta participation au creative card crew challenge
Bises

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Julye, what a gorgeous card. I love the sweet image and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x