Saturday 12 April 2014

watching the day go by ...

I love this image it so reminds me of lazy warm summer days sitting in the garden  listening to the water tumble into the pond from the waterfall as the bees hum collecting pollen from the lavender and other flowers and the birds sing or feed their babies on the bird table. It is a time when I have the time to sit that i can truely say I am at peace, as i can drift into daydreams and not worry about all the things life throws at us or the housework or even the gardening that I probably should be doing.                                                                                    This stamp is one of many available from sugar nellie  and was among the first I bought from there as I just love her. She is called Daisy  I think and if not I think she ought to be.
I decided I would keep this card mostly white as its a colour i love for summer though don't wear that much as its not that practical especially when lifting wheelchairs in and out of cars or doing the other jobs of life but i can dream.

I stamped her onto a fancy spellbinders die cut circle and coloured her with promarkers and had a try at using a dotty technique for her grounding and sky.

The base of the card I used a die-sire embossing folder and some embossed dotty paper sorry mot sure which folder that one is . I added a die cut swirl and some punched daisies to embellish. To give a fresh feel to the card and add some warmth I added yellow centers to the embossed and punched flowers.




I would like to enter this card into the following challenges;-

The sugar bowl-Easter or spring
craft your passion-no designer paper
sassy studios-make your own embellishments
catch the bug-springtime
A gem of a challenge-spring is in the air
sweet stampin-flowers
Allsorts-spring blossoms





16 comments:

Pat said...

Very peaceful card. I like your dotting technique, too!
Thanks for playing in the Path of Positivity challenge this month!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

This is one of my favorite stamps - and you've done such a good job of coloring her up! Love your card!

Thank you for participating in the Sweet Stampin Challenge this week!

Arlene said...

What a darling image. I love the treatment on the top and jeans, minimallistic, but just perfect.

Desire Fourie said...

Just love how you have coloured the image. This is so perfect for our PEACE theme this month. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck.
Hugs
Desíre
{Path of Positivity DT Member}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

sallysbitz2 said...

Your card is Gorgeous x
The image is sweet & you have coloured her perfectly.

hugs sally x
sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

Julie Temple said...

This is just precious, and oh so springy! Thanks for joining us this week at Bugaboo's Catch The Bug!

Julie

Vannessa said...

Such a cute card and I love the dotty sky. Thank you for joining in our challenge this week at Sketch Saturday.

Hugs, Vannessa
Sketch Saturday DT

Kim Kelley said...

LOL One of my fave images! :) What an adorable card..the dot background looks perfect! Thank you for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs and the DTBST challenge this week! HUGS

Kim
SSD DT

Debbie said...

Love all the different embossing! Such a sweet image, I haven't colored her up for some time. Thanks for joining in the Dare to Be Sassy Thursday, and good luck!

DebbieM - SSD DT

Tammy Miller said...

What a great project, very cute!! Thanks so much for joining us for our April Theme Challenge at Catch the Bug, I hope you join us again very soon.

Sarah said...

Beautiful card Julye, love how you've coloured the image. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week for our Spring Blossoms challenge x

Juls said...

This was one of my first SN stamps and I still love her, Love how you have used her here and all the embossed detail. Thanks for playing with us in the Sugar Bowl, hope to see you again hugs Juls

Jodie Mackrell said...

BEAUTIFUL CARD! thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug!

Annette said...

Beautiful spring themed card, and love the background.
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
Crafty Little Fairies,
Top Tip Tuesday,
ABC Christmas,
As You Like It,
Pink Gem Designs,
The Stamp Basket, and
Stampfairy.

Inkyfingers said...

I saw your card on the POP challenge and had to come look. I love this gorgeous image and agree with you that she looks so peaceful, as though she is contemplating the world in that little flower. I love your daisy backing paper too - it really echoes the flower image.
Hugs
Carol x

Sandy (Cheesy) said...

Oh, I agree that this reminds me of a lazy summer day. How adorable. She is just too cute for words. Really great card.