Tuesday 8 August 2017

Borders gone wild - poppystamps style

I discovered die cutting a while ago mainly because I discovered Poppystamps and Memory box dies ( both designed by Dave Tauber) , so guess they are my favourite dies as really they form the majority of my collection of dies.


The card I have made for the challenges below uses 2 Poppystamps dies a happy birthday channel border die and one I have a total soft spot for as I love daises wragged daisy.

I decided on a pretty simple design which was relatively simple to make. I used a deep rich purple base card . I took a piece of white card slightly shorter in width than the card so as to leave a coloured band top and bottom on my finished card and cut the happy birthday channel border 6 times and then attached to the card.

I finished the card but cutting the wragged daisy from a piece of card I had been experimenting with oxide dies on so it has a fab variation of pinks purples and greens. Once attached to the card I used spectrum noir aqua glitter pen to add a bit of sparkle and I am so happy how it turned out, definite a design for the future when I'm in need of a quick card.



It could be adapted so easily for a guy bu just changing the colours and perhaps using leaves or grasses for the embellishment or for a child using some cute animal or even with a stamped and fussy cut image the possibilities are endless. Might have to look for some other channel set borders now but I think they are already on my wishlist.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

Poppystamps - beyond borders

Little red wagon -favourite products/company currently

The crafty addicts -anything goes optional girly

Pearly sparkles - happy anything

A Gem of a challenge - birthday wishes

Making memories -anything goes / one for the girls/ladies

Simon says - happy birthday





8 comments:

M said...

Great card! Love the HB die cut !thanks for joining the girlfriends this week at Little Red Wagon ! :)

The Crafty Bat said...

Lovely card. Love the flower.
Thank You for joining us over at Making Memories Crafting
Kelly (DT)

Patty Tanúz said...

Love your card!!! Is so beautiful!!!!!! Thanks for joining us! Patty Tanúz, DT Poppy :) Kisses form México!

Emma Williams said...

A really pretty card and I love the die cut background, it's gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... x

Shylaashree said...

A great card.Thanks for playing along with us at Making Memories Crafting Challenge. Hope to see you again
Shylaa DT@MMCC
Adhiraacreations

Nancy Penir said...

Hi Julye! Your card is so pretty! Lovely how you colored the daisy. And the bg says it all! So glad you played along at the Poppystamps challenge. Hugs! Nancy P. DT

pam said...

Fantastic card design Julye! love the background..
Thanks for joining us over on Poppystamps Challenge blog.
Pam x

Jeanne J. said...

Brilliant die cutting ! I love the background of borders!