Tuesday 8 August 2017

Patchwork pussy cat - poppystamps


A birthday card for a cat lover. I decided I ought to start using some of my stash that is long neglected, these squares of pretty paper were part of a scrap booking kit , there are loads in the kit all different colours but I decided to go with blues as the recipient is also red green colour blind.
I pieced 9 together to form a quilt pattern. I die cut a selection of cats using Poppystamps dies, and added one to each of the squares top and bottom row.

   


In the centre of the quilt I added a white happy birthday sentiment taken from the out cuts of a Poppystamps happy birthday background die.



The base is just a white square card, quite clean and simple but I think its quite pretty too.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges;-

Show us your pussies -furrything goes

Unstampabelles - collage mixed media

Creative knockouts - furry friends

Craft rocket - animal kingdom


Daisy chain -anything goes

Jo's scrap shack - anything goes















3 comments:

Laura Volpes said...

I really love this card and the design you used! Thanks for sharing it the Friday Funday Challenge! Have a wonderful day!
Laura

ike said...

Oh WoW ! This is really gorgeous. Lovely backgrounds and super kitties :-)
Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cat Challenges.

Hugz
IKE xx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at A Bit More Time to Craft and Fun Day Friday. Hope to see you again next time.