Saturday 4 November 2017

Shades of autumn

I have some candles that are battery operated so much safer when you have a cat that is inquisitive and likes to jump onto the mantle piece so real lit candles are a big no no.


I love the glow they give all orangey and thought how it reminds me of autumn leaves so had a wee play and this is what I came up with. 








I used some cream leather textured paper and a poppystamps autumn leaves collage die and randomly cut leaves into the paper. 




 I measured and cut the paper to fit as a collar around the candle.I initially tried the collar just as it was but it didn't have the effect I wanted so I added some red vellum behind the die cuts and that worked perfectly.



I love how the leaves glow and as the light flickers the leaves almost seem to change colour and dance in a non existant breeze, but they certainly make a change from the plain cream wax,





I would like to enter this project into the following challenges:-


Scrappyland - anything goes

crafty calendar - autumn colour







3 comments:

sarascloset said...

What a great idea and novel way to use die cuts! Thank you for playing along at Scrapy Land! Hugs!

Liz said...

Brilliant idea, so effective and it looks fabulous when it's lit up. Thanks for joining in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month. Good luck!
Liz - DT xx

Babs said...

A beautiful creation looks lovely when the light shines through, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Calendar, this month, hope to see you again next time
Hugs Babs DT X