Tuesday 8 December 2009

black and bright

This card made a nice change from doiung christmas cards and there was no set occassion on any of the themes either so a nice open card. The layout I took from Magical crafts fortnightly challenge. 

The colours are quite vivid but you can blame that on the theme over at Ildi Co'c creative challenge as they have a theme of black and bright and I love bright blold colours from this end of the spectrum. I used black card and stamped with versamark and embossed with white powder and then used some vivid papers not sure whose. The flowers I coloured with my promarkers. The butterfly I stamped 3 times twice into film and once on white card so this can also be entered into ( can't find the note I made will enter the challenge when I do)    as they want you to use the same image stamped 3 times on your card.

Finally the theme for my card I chose a butterfly as over at  By the cute and Girly they have a theme of at the movies, to make a card inspired by a movie title. I thought I could be obvious and use a magnolia stamp but after looking thriugh our DVD collection decided to go with The Butterfly Effect.

I've taken a close up of the butterfly to show the 3 layers but unfortunately the top layer is directly side on and just a thin sliver but there are 3 there honest.

11 comments:

the crafty duck said...

Lovely card Julye, the butterfly is gorgeous, thanks for playing over at MCFC, love Steph

Anonymous said...

Hi Julye.
Beautiful card, the buterfly is so pretty, great take on the sketch.
Thanks for joining in at MCFC.
Good Luck.
Hugs Angel

jackiescrafts said...

This is a lovely card Julye, I love the butterfly, in fact I love anything to do with butterflies but especially like the way you have layered your up
Thanks for joining in at MCFC
Jackie x

Carol Ann said...

Julye another lovely card. I love the way you have turned the sketch upside down and that butterfly is gorgeous you could almost catch it in your hand! Thank you for joining in the MCFC challenge.
Carol Ann xx

Donna said...

Julye,
Love the butterfly on this card and a lovely take on the sketch. Thanks for joining in with MCFC again, and good luck!
Donna x

Anonymous said...

Hi Julye, love what you have done with the sketch - the butterfly is great and I love the backing paper with Dragonfly Dreams on. Thanks for joining us at MCFC - Shell xx

Juls said...

Hi,

Love your card! The colour combo is so striking! and your 3d butterfly is just gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at BTC&G!!

JayLynn said...

Oh wow this is lovely! I really love that butterfly :) Thanks for playing with us at ICCC!!

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

very pretty, your butterfly looks animated.Thanks for sharing your card with by the cute and girly. janex

pinky said...

Lovely card, very pretty butterfly and great movie choice. Thanks for playing at BTC&G
Pinky

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Julye, I love how you've used the sketch and the buttefly is so pretty.

Thanks for joining us over on MCFC.

Hugs

Joanne xx