Thursday 31 December 2009

Dreaming of spring...

...although as I write this the sun is actually shining and giving me a headache as my new computer is on a desk facing a south window. Normally I wouldn't complain but much to my disgust I have had to close the blind to block it out a little.


This card I have actually tried to use to fulfill quite a few challenges, normally I make a card with one challenge in mind and then find I can enter it in a few others if I'm lucky, but as I've not done many challenges I am desparately trying to catch up on a few so hope no-one minds sharing too much. I actually found it quite hard to do, but I'm quite happy with how it turned out.

The colour scheme I used is from the challenge at basic grey. I have often tried to get around to playing this chalenge and have finally suceeded, to qualify I have used some basic grey paper lace , but even though it was pink I had to recolour it to match my other pink shades as it blended in alittle too well and looked lost agains the pink paper.

Quixotic challenge wants you to use lace on your projects and as I have used paper lace I hope I can enter this challenge too, I didn't have any proper lace and really haven't had time to pop out and buy some so hope this will do.

The layout I must admit I had problems with, its from the sunday sketch and stamp challenge but now its done I quite like it and it may even go in my favourites book.

Over at Whimsy they have a challenge to use chipboard on your project. If you use a whimsy stamp you get 2 entries but you can use any stamp so I will be entering that challengetoo as I used chipboard twice, one as a base for my sentiment and I covered a frame for Tilda to sit on.

Roses on paper have a challenge to use your favourite colouring medium andI love the promarkers I got a couple of months ago so I used them to colour my image and my paper lace.

Three clovers have a theme of celebration and everyone celebrates their birthday even if they aren't happy getting older, well most people I suppose there might be some who don't, so I will enter that challenge too.

Finally but by no means least Charisma cardz are celebrating their first birthday with a challenge of celebrations and a blog hop. They will have 15 yes 15 winners next week so I will definitely be entering that challenge, and happy birthday charisma!

12 comments:

Lexi said...

awww this is toooo cute :D

Arianne said...

Cute card!
Thanks for joining our challenge at SS&S.

Happy New Year!

Hugs, Arianne
SS&S team

Allison said...

sweet card
Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week
AllisonX

Sally said...

Fabulous card. Thank you for stopping by my blog and participating in our Charisma Cardz Blog Hop. Happy New Year!

Leanne said...

This is a really stunning card!

Thank you for joining us at Charisma this week - good luck!

Happy 2010!!

Hugs
Leanne
xx

Vee said...

Fabulous card. love the colour combo. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week. Good luck with the blog hop. Happy New year!!
xx Vee

cabio's craft corner said...

Pretty card with those eye soothing pastel colors. Precious and sweet. Thanks for playing with us at YNS challenge and hope to see you again for the next ones :o)
Hugs,
Cabio
YNS DT

cats whiskers said...

Fabulous card dear, love the coloir combo, Happy 2010
Hugs Jacqui x

Unknown said...

This is a really lovely card

Thanks for visiting my blog and entering my candy & joining in with the Charisma blog hop - best of luck!

Jan xx

Mira said...

So cute and happy card :)
Thanks for joining us at SS&S.
Mira xx

Audrey said...

what a cute card! i love those flowers and the colors make me want spring!

MarkerGeek said...

Beautiful!

Thank you for joining in with us at Quixotic Challenges!