Wednesday 23 December 2009

Final countdown and something non christmas

Morning all, hopes it is going to be a good one.( Please make yourself comfy with a cuppa as I've got carried away)Today we are braving the shops for the last of the food prep, I originally thought it would be quite straight forward as we have had the meat for our christmas lunch a couple of weeks safely tucked in the freezer, not turkey but venison. I seem to be the only one who really likes turkey so we tend to have non traditional lunches.
We normally have my mum and dad for lunch on christmas day and go to in-laws on boxing day and each take part of the meal so its not all put to mum in law to make, which is just as well this year as at present they are still stuck in Tenerife and have been trying to get back since sunday. Initially their flights were cancelled as planes were in the wrong places due to closures of airports here, then Tenerife was closed as they were having major thunder storms and lightening. Yesturday they thought they were on their way until the flight out there from Manchester was cancelled at the last minute, passengers here were ready to board. They have another flight confirmed for tonight so lets keep our fingers crossed as they were trying to combine the visit home to see family and wrap up selling their house here to move out there permanently to their appartment out there. Hence we are now doing all the shopping and prep for boxing day too. The meat we ordered a couple of weeks ago from the local farm shop which is where we will get the veg from too and cheese , they make their own stilton type cheese called stilchen and its fab. Hubby never use to like blue cheese but would sit and eat this all day , if you get the chance to try please do its wonderful and they are selling it all over now it was even on saturday market kitchen tv prog.
Then we have to do sainsbury's for the basics bread milk etc. All this to look forward to sheer bliss. On a different noter my son is deliriously happy as we have a new date for his surgery, but it is at the end of an exam week and I'm not sure if it will interfere and I can't find out till school reopens as we have not had his exam entry list yet, but he said last night that he has already got his best present and is counting down the days so I really hope his exams are on the days before and don't mess things up for him, he must be in so much pain to want surgery so much and yet he never complains.

Well finally a bit of craft. This card is the first of my non christmassy, I wanted a complete change and as a few of my son's friend turn 16 over the next few weeks and the young girl next door is 12 or 13 I can't remember which I thought I'd make some girly cards that could be for birthdays or whatever cards. Here is the first, I'm sure more will follow and they will all be bright or pretty and very different to christmas. I have decided and not in the form aof a resolution that I am going to try and make my cards not quite so simple and use more patterned papers instead of just taking them out and looking at them, that way I can buy more.



This card I will enter into a couple maybe more challenges, I'm not sure yet. The first though will be whiff of joys challenge which is a sketch challenge.
I think I will also enter it into Charisma cardz challenge of anything but christmas one challenge I was certainly ready for.
Tanda teaser #128 have a theme of cool to be square and square cards are certainly growing on me probably as I can get 3 from a shhet of A3 card and that alot of the sketches fit well on them.
Well all I can do now is wish you all happy christmas again and try to look forward to the shopping, may be all the hustle and bustle will ut me in a more festive mood for as yet I don't feel that christmassy, its probably as theres no anticipation in our house as my son is so grown up this year and not really excited so theres no anticipation magic to rub off, and I've already got my pressie in my new computer, but it will be good spending time with family. Bye for now and thanks for visiting.

5 comments:

Jane said...

Love that image!

Thanks for your comment...we don't go back until the 11TH!! I don't know why, everywhere else broke up last week!

A very Merry Christmas to you and your family!
X

Sally said...

Stunning card. Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.

Denise Clark said...

Julye, you have won the RubberStamp Ave Mini Contest at Stamping Vacation. Please contact me at denisecarolclark@hotmail.com for the details. I am posting your win right now.

Unknown said...

This is a great card

Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week

Jan x

sue law said...

Great image, love the warm feeling of all the pink to pick up the warm feeling of that mug of something warm!

Thanks for joining in with our teaser!
Sue
x