Sunday 13 December 2009

Kareoke cruner

Firstly apologies for my spelling I really have no idea how to spell either kareoke or cruner, but hopefully you will understand what I mean.
This card is for a friends birthday, he is actually our son's godfather and we introduced him to his wife, risky thing to do as they met on a blind date and at the time he was my hubbies boss and we weren't even engaged so could have all gone really pear shaped but it didn't and they were married within 9 months of meeting and that was 16 years ago.
Anyway my card, Charlie loves to sing anything any time and if theres a kareoke he makes a beeline for it. He drives my son mad as he sings in my sons words old songs and thinks he's as good as elvis my son disagrees although I'm not altogether sure if my son knows what elvis was like in his hey day as he has only watched 'That's the way it is' and thought it was funny how everyone was dressed as it was made in 1970 over 20 years before he was born so thats ancient! It's quite an intresting film as its more a documentary, but anyway I digress yet again, by now you are all probably use to my wierd ramblings.

My card

It made a real change not stamping, the sheet is from a Kanban set I bought a while ago and was really quick to put together, so much so I almost felt like  I'd cheated but it will suit Charlie to a T so I guess thats all that matters.

I am going to enter it into the challenge over at Paper play as their challenge is to create something to remind you of a book title or movie and I have already mentioned the movie this reminds me of above so I hope my card will count. Have a fun day and hope christmas organisation is under control, just remember its family and friends that count not how wonderful one day can be and those you love will be more thankful for spending time with you than how wonderful the house food or tree is.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Fab card Julye, great image.
Thanks for joining us at Paper Play
hugs Mandy xx

Deirdre said...

Great card - so fun. Brought a smile to my face. Thanks for playing along with Paperplay this week. x

Liz said...

Really Brill Card and great theme enjoyed this Thanks for taking part in the paperplay challenge and Seasons Greetings

Liz xx