Sunday 6 December 2009

A matching set






I made this gift box from  an empty camembert box the type made from really thin wood type stuff stapled together it was a git awkward to cover but I got there. I made it to put a pressie in for my sisters birthday can't say what just in case  you never know if she gets near her computer better safe than sorry. I used magnolia as I'd used magnolia on the birthday card I've made for her so I thought it would co-ordinate well and blue so its similar colours and as its one of my favourites turquoise. The flowers are from my newly bought bargin (see previous post) and I've added glitter around the petal edges and it just makes thm look a bit more special. I'm getting into flowery embellishments slowly, don't know why its taken me so long as I love flowers and have loads in the garden and house too.  Well I digress again, Tilda is wearing a very special party top covered in shimmery glitter well it is the christmas party season and even the turquoise paper I covered the box in has giltter in it, my sis loves her bling , only she likes the real thing, don't we all?
The tag I made to match , not sure how or where to attatch it maybe I'll get her some flowers and attatch it to them but as its a matching set I can enter the challenge at secret crafters saturday challenge.

Easy craft projects have a challege to make something turqoise so as thats my predoninant colour I can enter that challenge too.

Magnolia down under's theme is bedazzle and I have a fair amount of bling if you look closely so I will enter that challenge too.

On the Magnolia subject I could enter this  into the Just Magnolia monthly challenge as its a gift box for one and only special sister, and there theme is something for someone special.

Finally I will enter this set into the passion for promarkers challenge of something for christmas or new year thats not a card. Happy crafting and happy sunday everyone!

15 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

WOW - what a FABULOUS idea to use a cheese box!!! I think a round of camembert will be on my next shopping list - LOL.
Gorgeous sparkly job - love it!
Thanx for joining us at MDUC
xXx

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Very Bedazzling. Thanks so much for joining us at Magnolia down under challenges.
Krsty x

Wiccababe said...

what a cute little set
thanks for joining in our mega xmas challenge and good luck
remember to enter the blog candy on the weekend workshop too
Debbi
xx

Nadine said...

cute set, I love it.
That image that you haved used is so cute.
Your coloring is so wonderful.
Thanks yor playing MDUC

Hugs Nadine

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Julye, what a beautiful set. I love the cute image and the colour scheme is gorgeous. Well done on recycling such an ordinary item into a stunning gift for your sister. Thanks for joining in our mega Christmas challenge over at PFP. Good luck! Hugs, Denise x

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

What a brilliant idea, great use of the turquoise. Thanks for joining in the challenge :)

Tracey Feeger said...

Oh so cute. Love it. Great image. Beautiful colouring. thanks for joining us at MDUC.
mwah
Trace

Sue said...

What a wonderful gift box and tag combo. Image is darling and colored and sparklingly beautiful. Thanks for sharing your project with us at MDUC this week.

Unknown said...

Juley your sister is going to be blown away when she gets her birthday, I love the box and tag, love them, thank you so much for playing along with us at ECP this week and good luck with your challenges. Hugs Avril xxx

debby4000 said...

Adorable Tilda set, its fab.
luv
Debby

Kimba-Slydog said...

Wow,your box is so gorgeous. The image you have used is so cute.
Your coloration is so wonderful.

Thanks for joining us at MDUC.

Hugs,
Nicole

Lisa said...

A really pretty box! Thanks for taking part in our challenge at ECP! xx

Nan Abrahão said...

Oh my God!!! I just love Magnolia!!! And your box is amazing!!! Thanks so much for playing with us at ECP!!! Kisses

lil-paper-pixie said...

How adorable, Good luck and thanks for playing along.

Hugs

Sarah

Michele Roos said...

Such a fabulous project Julye. Thanks for joining in with our Mega Christmas challenge at PFP. Hugs Michele x