Sunday 27 December 2009

Planning ahead


This is  I made for a young teenage girl whose birthday is in a couple of weeks.
The sketch is from the challenge at a spoonful of sugar unless I missed the deadline as I made this card about a week before christmas and just never got enough time to post it. I used one of the manga girls from sugar nellie and purples and turquoises for my colour scheme. The circle on the sketch I turned into a large felt flower  and then as I am trying to get into decorating the inside of my cards I repeated the layout on the inside without using felt, but when it came to the writing side of the card I got stuck so will have to think about that one further but here's the card as it is now, I'm not sure it I have anymore irridescent paper so it may well stay as it is anyway.

I'm also entering this card into the crafty creations challenge who have a theme of anything goes. Hope you are all looking forward to the new year after having a wonderful christmas and here's wishing you all health, happiness and fun in 2010.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Hi Julye! Thanks for visiting me,entering my blog candy and for your kind words :D I appreciate them very much!

You have some beautiful projects displayed here. I've enjoyed my visit with you... Let's keep in touch!

Love and hugs ~ Lori

Saskia said...

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations with this lovely work!!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

Anonymous said...

This is such a clever card--the irridescent combined with the soft felt flowers--and then the glitz of stickles--SO well thought out and executed. BRILLIANT!!!!

Thanks for playing along with Crafty Creations during Digi Kitty's week of sponsorship!

Purrs & Kisses,
Kristal of Digi Kitty
www.thedigikitty.blogspot.com
Come see our Sneak Peeks!!!