Tuesday 29 December 2009

swimming towards 2010

Hi all hope you are all fighting fit andsurviving the final days of 2009.

This card has been in the making all christmas , I have kept popping into my craft room and sneaking the odd 5 mins here and there as if I disappear for too long when hubby and son have been downstairs they wonder where I am and come looking, that and having had all the family here or have been to the in laws house I've really had no time. I'm still trying to figure out how I got to do all the shopping  and cooking for the in laws for boxing day when it was at their house, I know they didn't get back from Tenerife till tuesday before christmas but even so and as far as I know we stood the bill as well, I was absolutely pooped after 5 hours food prep on boxing day then transferring everything to thier house and then cooking both the lunch and preparing all the tea time food that was totally unnecessary. Then they all came here with the left overs yesturday. Hubby is back to work today so I can clean up again, tree and decorations came down yesturday, and we have some errands to run today along with dropping off my son's friends birthday card. I'm on a rant sorry best get back to something more intresting, my card.

This is my one and only Your next stamp set, and I've had the idea of how I wanted to use it for ages, but just never got around to doing it. I used an apature card and filled the window with acetate onto which I stamped the bubbles using a glue ink and then sprinkled them with irridescent glitter, hopefully they look like proper bubbles. I then stamped and coloured the little mermaid using promarkers and sakura glitter and glaze pens, adding a blob of liquid pearls to her top. I put her on some dark turqoise wrapping paper and stuck her behind the acetate.
The frame I used the 2 shell stamps on some pearlised paper and embossed them with moonglow pearl powder and coloured them with pastal promarkers and just stuck them on a circle frame around the window along with the octpus. The layout is from  your next stamp challenge although I changed the image base from rectangle to circle , I hope they don't mind. I used ric-rak and another piece of pearl paper I coloured with promarker to keep colour continuity. Inside I finshed the sentence and made it into a new year card but you could add anything, thankyou, happy birthday or congratulations.



There are quite a few challenges which new year card will fit so I will be entering those too unless I've missed the deadlines but here they are:-
Daring Cardmakers have a theme of new beginnings.
Stamp with fun have a theme of Happy new year.
Paperplay have a theme of new beginnings.
The corrosive challenge have a theme of new year resolutions, I don't make resolutions but have decided to try and make more complex cards that take time to do and all the little bits on this one certainly took time so hopefully that will count.
Lily of the valley also have a new year theme.
Crafty cardmakers have a theme of using your favourite product of 2009. Well I found promarkers and love them to bits as you can use them to colour all sorts of things from gems to flowers as well as images , they blend beautifully and don't leave lines like felt tips, so I will enter that too.
Cute card thursday also have a theme of happy new year.
Finally Lexi's creations have a theme of using pastal colours and although I have got dark turquoise too I have used lots of pastals so will enter that too.
I didn't realise I could enter so many , sorry guys hope you don't mind sharing too much, festive spirit and all that.
Well best go and muster my teenager he did say he was revising on his laptop in bed , but we will see and get those jobs done . I might even get some crafting done later. Have a great day and thanks for dropping by.

15 comments:

Lexi said...

Aww cute card! And I love how you did the bubbles. You should get a lock on that door to keep the boys out lol know how you feel...my craft table is against wall in dining room so if the kids want me it can end up taking me hours to make a card lol

Thanks for playing along at Lexi's Creations

Hugs Lexi xx

cabio's craft corner said...

That's so sweet & cute! Love those fun and cheerful bubbles. Thanks for joining us at YNS challenge and hope to see you again for the next ones :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Georgie said...

Great card and lovely caption
Thanks for playing along at Lexis Creations
Georgie

Anonymous said...

Lovely cute card, thanks for playing along with the Daring Cardmakers and happy new year.

Vanessa

Nilla said...

Cute card, great idea! Thanks for joining us at SWF and a Happy New Year! Hugs Nilla

lalkygirl said...

fantastic card,so cheerful ,i love the way you have used the acetate with the bubbles
good luck in the challenge and thanks for joining us at lexis,
i hope you have a happy new year
lalkygirl xx

Saskia said...

Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations with this lovely card!

Saskia :)

Julie Riley said...

Lovely card well done, thanks for joining us at crafty cardmakers. Happy New year xx

Unknown said...

What a great idea, your card is beautiful!! Thanks for joining us at YNS, hope to see you next time,
hugs Angela x

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Julye, love the design and your bubbles look fab hun.
Thanks for joining us at Paper Play
hugs Mandy xx

Karen (Your Next Stamp) said...

Cute! Love the shell frame! Thanks for joining us at YNS.
Hugs
Karen
xx

rozzyb said...

Thanks for joining us this week over at Lexi's Craetions with such a beautiful card. Love the gorgeous colours..
Good luck
Hugs rozzy xx

SueH said...

What a fab cad…….so cute!

Thanks for joining us at the DCM’s this week.

Sue
x

Made by Mandy said...

OOH, love what you did with the shell frame, looks really effective.

Thankyou for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers

Made By Mandy xxx

Vixykins said...

Yeah promarkers rock! Fabulous design and love the shell frame.

Thanks for joining us at crafty cardmakers and please pop by to check out our NEW challenge x

(PS which is sponsored this week by the stampman and you might win again yay!)