Thursday 2 December 2010

Vintage Julye style

Morning all hope you are all safe and well. This card took me some thought as I have difficulty with 2 main types of card, pink being the first and vintage being the second. Don't really know why as I love the old eras with all the glamourous long dresses that and the 20's and 40's. Anyway, my niece has been doing about the victorians at school and went to a museum to see how the children went to school, she loved it especially as they had to dress up in long skirts, her mum says she wants to dress like that all the time now so I thought I'd do her a christmas card in that style.

I had so much fun making the plate style card I thought I'd have another go it seemed to fit the vintage style well. See what you think, any advice on how to improve on my style will be greatfully recieved. I coloured my fab image a freebie from Inger Harding (I found the site last week she really has some fab images) in promarkers and added some stickles glitter for sparkle. The holly leaves ribbon I won in a candy last Christmas and the brads and flowers were from my stash. The papers were some I bought a couple of years ago and put them away so safe I forgot I had them until I was looking for something else and found them. I love the muted colours and thought some weaving patchwork would work well with the patchwork on the image. The stitching is whitr sakura pen.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

Scrapbook sisters-patchwork
Wild orchid crafts-vintage
Passion for promarkers -old (most of the things on my card) and new (the digi image I found last week)
Whoopsi daisy-lets go girly
Incy wincy-3 flowers, 2 papers and 1 image
Elephantastic-red and green
ABC-Y for Yuletide-red and green &/or hollly and berries &/or candles
Stampavie and more-snowflakes on my papers
Simon says-sketch layout
Sundays with Crissy-Christmas is coming or winter is here

22 comments:

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Julye, what a gorgeous card. Love the image and your colouring is fab. I really struggle with vintage styles too but you've definitely got the hang of it!! Thanks for joining our special challenge and blog hop over at PFP. Hugs, Denise x

Crissy Armstrong said...

This is a beautiful image for sure. Great job colouring her too. And congratulations! You were among the first twelve players on my challenge so you get a free digi from my collections! Contact me at my e-mail:
cmga.63@gmail.com
Crissy
PS thanks for playing at Sundays With Crissy!

Emma said...

Such a beautiful card....
Thanks for joining us at PFP & good luck.
Hugs Emma x

debby4000 said...

Wonderful card and adorable image.
luv
Debby

Nikbee said...

A wonderful card. I love the shape and the image is so sweet.

Nikki x

coops said...

stunning card julye.the image is fab and i love the gorgeous vintage colours.
thanks for joining us at PFP and good luck :D

xx coops xx

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Lovely card! Great colouring. Love the vintage feel of it. Thanks for joining us at WhoopsiDaisy this week.

Jill said...

Really lovely shaped card, great image! Thanks for playing along with us at Ellephantastic this week and hope to see you again. Jill

Lorraine A said...

gorgeous card Julye :-) the image is adorable and the papers and colours are fab :-) I stuggle with vintage too but you pulled this off perfectly :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp and ABC Xmas Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Helen Laurence said...

aww love the image. Thank you for playing along with Ellephantastic hugs x x

Love crafts forever said...

This is very cute card, love it. Thanks for playing at Whoopsi Daisy. Hugs Nataliya.

Delphine said...

Gorgeous card, Julye! The image is lovely and I love the idea of patchwork! Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge and good luck! Delphine xx

Michele Roos said...

Such a gorgeous card Julye. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Julye, love the vintage style. Thanks for joining us at PfP. Sue C x

Gro said...

Beautiful card. Love your image. Thanks for joining PFP :o)

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! Love the shape and the patchwork. Great image and thanks for the link!! Also, thanks for playing in our girly challenge this week at WHOOPSI DAISY!!

Nikki said...

Beautiful shaped Card Thanks for Sharing at Incy Wincy this Week
Hugs Nikki and the rest of the DT
Wanna Win Some Candy go Here

Andie's Space said...

Hi Julye
What a fab card. Love the image & your wonderful layout. It's gorgeous. Thanks for joining our special challenge at Passion For Promarkers.
Hugs,
Andie xx

Sande said...

Such a beautiful card!

Thanks for joining us this time at Whoopsi Daisy!

Hugs, Sande

Julie said...

Another fab card from you Julye. Thanks so much for your support for our special PFP challenge! Juliexx

Jayne Hayward said...

Beautifully coloured image and love the holly ribbon and flower.

Thanks for joining in with us over on ABC Christmas Challenge

Jayne xx

Kiki said...

This is so gorgeous! Really love the shape of the card.

Thanks so much for joining us at SAM this week.

Hugs, Kiki