Wednesday 27 April 2016

Music -the food of love

I am loving making clean and simple cards though i do sometimes feel like I'm cheating as they come together so quickly.

This uses 2 dies , a circle and a music die. I cut the music die out twice one in black and once in the card I was going to use on my card. I then cut out a circle so it overlaid the music die . I was inspired by one of the cards on my inspiration from others pintrest board.

I had decided to go for a neutral palate with a splash of red . The red in the form of beads and sequins I used for the shakers in the acetate sandwich I used to back my die cut areas.
After backing the void area with acetate I in-laid the black music diecut into the void left where I cut the white music die from.

I mounted the shaker sandwich on red metallic card and this onto a white base card. I love the way the red pops and think this will be great for an anniversary or even engagement card too.



I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-


scrapbook stamp society -anything goes optional mother's day

craft your passion - anything goes

artistic inspirations -anything goes

(I used the colours as my inspiration)

glitter n sparkle -anything goes

the craft barn -red white and black

crafty creations - black,white and a pop of colour

cards und more -die cuts

CASology -sprinkles
(I think my confetti look like sprinkles)





11 comments:

Kaija said...

Fantastick card!Thank you for participating Scrapbook Stamp Society challenge.
Good luck and please come again.
Regards Kaija DT-member

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

carla said...

Erg leuk gemaakt.
Fijn dat je hiermee deelneemt aan de challenge bij Cheerful sketches.
Bedankt voor je deelname en succes.
Groetjes,
Carla (DT)
http://carlasknutselateljeeke.blogspot.be

Sherrie M. said...

Fun shaker card Julye! Love how the music spans the shaker. Thanks for joining us at CASology this week.

cm said...

Such a pretty shaker card with the musical notes and colours that very much reflect the 'ladybug' inspiration! Thank you for sharing this gem in the Cupcakes Inspiration gallery!
~carol

Ardyth said...

Love the idea of a shaker for your sprinkle card! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Indy's Designs said...

What a great CAS card! Love how you used Ladybug colors for your shaker! So glad you were inspired to join our Ladybug Challenge at Cupcake Inspirations!
Debbie, DT Sweetie

P.S. I, too, feel like I'm cheating when making CAS cards! Nice to know I am not alone!

KarinsArtScrap said...

Julye this is very beautiful great design

Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.
Good Luck and hope to see you again

Greetings Karin DT Coördinator

maggie said...

A clever card design. I find CAS cards can take just as long to make as ones with lots of elements.

Jane said...

What a lovely, simple card but with a great wow factor! Thank you for entering The Craft Barn Challenge.
Jane x

scrapgrit said...

thank you for this wonderfull card and your participation on the challenge of cards and more. LG Margrit