Friday 9 December 2011

Monochromatic Santa

Morning all and hope all you lovely folks in Scotland are managing to fair all the atrocious weather you are having, my thoughts are with you all.
Well managed to make one of a couple of cards my son has requested and the other is nearly done, have to say I am finding it harder than usual to make something I like I'm blaming this darn cold virus my son shared with me , he has had it for 3 weeks now and I'm a week behind but as usual when I get a cold I've lost my voice so all I do is squeak and whisper which can be quite frustrating especially when on the phone but we just carry on.

I was given the brief of 'a brown christmas card please' the other one I am making is 'a green christmas card' so this is the first I came up with.My son thinks this Santa stamp from Sugar Nellie at Funky Kits is fun so I decided to go with that. I presumed the cards with the colours were for boys so thats how they started out but later found out they are for 2 girls, should have known really knowing my son but as this turned out and the other one two they could do for either really, well I think so but with alll the sparkle maybe not.

I coloured the image with Promarkers and added stickles for christmas sparkle, The papers I have no idea who's they are (sorry) but love this one with snowflakes on. The snowflake I made by using the left over frame of a chipboard snowflake I'd already used and cut it out along with several others from some packaging from a shirt. This one I covered in bronze embossing powder and versamark ink. The sentiment is Penny Black. The pearls came from hobbycraft, just love the colour and think they finish it off perfectly. The layout is a sort of case from the Sugar Nellie Funky Kits gallery, just what I needed to help me with my woolley brain at the moment, fab place to check out if you are stuck as their DT ladies are really a very clever bunch so thanks guys.

Best show you the finished card now.



I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-
Whoopsi daisy-snowflakes
The Pink Elephant-snowflakes and sparkle
Stamps R us-emboss it
Addicted to stamps-christmas
Come and get it challenge-Christmas
Incy Wincy-non traditional christmas colours
Stamps +fun=creativity-pearls
Top Tip Tuesday-let it snow
Ruby's rainbow-monochromatic
Cards and more-snowflakes

17 comments:

shaz earl said...

Fabulous card!

Thank you for sharing with us at Ruby's Rainbow in our "Monochrome" challenge

Hope you will join us again soon x

Nikbee said...

A wonderful card. I love Santa in brown.
Nikki x

Basslady said...

GREAT job on our challenge!
love the cute santa...

thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Doris P. said...

Die Karte sieht superklasse aus! So schön sepia-braun!
Danke für´s Mitspielen bei CuM!
LG Doris

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card and lovely text, fun with a brown santa :)
Thanks for playing with us at Whoopsi Daisy this week :)
Hugs Lilli

ScrappyAndrea said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for sharing with us at SFC!
Hugs, Andrea

Daisychain said...

A great card, love the layout and colour. Thanks for sharing it with us at Whoopsi Daisy for our ‘snowflake’ challenge. Hugs Christine x

Lisa Minckler said...

Magnificent monochromatic Santa! Love the brown hues. A very warming, festive and cheerful Christmas card indeed.

Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday for our "Let It Snow" challenge. :)
Good luck to you,
Lisa xx

Anonymous said...

Love the colours and the way you have coloured your image, fab card, thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday this time, I hope you can come play again soon, hugs Samantha :0)

paige said...

This is a great monochromatic card! Thanks for joining us at SRU!

Tracey said...

What a wonderful monochrome card and I love the image you have chosen. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Ruby's Rainbow. I hope to see you there again soon.

Tracey
x

Sheri said...

Very cool coloring technique! Thanks for sharing with us at WHOOPSI DAISY ;-)

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

so beautiful card….. love the combo and cute image....thanks for joing us at SFC......

Hugs
Bella

patty said...

wonderful creation, thanks for enjoying us at Cards und More, hugs, Patty

Christa said...

Great card ! Thanks for joining us at ATSC. Christa.

Joy said...

fabulous, thanks for playing with the pink elephant challenge! JOY DT

Unknown said...

The Santa is in this card looks very good and beautiful.



plastic cards
plastic card