Wednesday 13 January 2016

Steampunk birthday fairy

My little sister has a birthday this month so it was time to make her card, and I wanted to do something different for a change. She loves her antique jewelry so I figured steam-punk might go down ok.

The image is from aurora wings and its my first time using this image. I coloured her with promarkers and I tried to stay with antiquey tones. I coloured her with promarkers and then fussy cut the image out.


The background on the base card is done with chalks which I splodged over a couple of die cut cogs again using ochre and light brown to form a subtle base. I then added a piece of card embossed with pocket watches and again rubbed over with the same chalks to age the card and keep to the colour theme.

The embellishments are die cut cogs and the sentiment is also die cut both in gold mirri card. The card was finished by adding the fairy , I used sticky pads under the tips of her wings to add a little dimension but not too much as she has to go through the post as don't think little sis would appreciate a visit during the day when she is working nights this week.

I just have one more thing to sort and that is what to buy for her gift she is so hard to buy for as she is the kind of person that if she wants something just goes and gets it and very fussy taste wise so I never know what to get especially so soon after Christmas and gift vouchers or money are so boring. Oh well thinking cap on.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges;-

lets craft and create -layer it up

passion for promarkers-fantasy

Unicorn challenges - get your glad rags on

quirky challenges- let's celebrate

OLLCB - girlie

eureka - something new (image and embossing folder)

inky impressions - all things new new

creative moments - anything goes

shopping our weekly stash- something new

get creative - something new

I love promarkers - something new

scrap creations - new


deep ocean - something new



16 comments:

crafty said...

Nice creation. Thank you for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week. Hope to see you again.
Mary

Cross Stitch Claire said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn, Claire DT x

Unknown said...

Awesome. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Unicorn Challenge this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge. I'm so following your awesome blog.
Hugs,

Tammi, DT

Huny said...

A gorgeous card. I was very taken in with the way you blended the colour - it gave a lot of texture - must give that a try. Also, think it was wonderful to see a few peeloffs - I've loads of them! Thanks for joining this weeks Passion for Promarkers challenge. Guest\DT Huny.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is such a gorgeous image and lovely creation. Thanks for joining in my Fantasy theme this week at Passion for Promarkers.
Lorraine DT

Camille Short said...

OMGoodness I love, love the image. Beautiful.

Beatriz said...

Lovely card! Thanks for join us at Creative Moments this time, good luck and hope to see you next time. Hugs Beatriz DT

Dawn said...

Gorgeous card! I love the image & what you've done with her!
Thanks for playing at Eureka Stamps this week in our Use Something New challenge!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xxx

Donna said...

I am sure your sister will love her birthday card! Fab job! Thanks for playing along with the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew for our "Something New" challenge!!

Lynda said...

Such a awesome card, the embossing is lovely. Thankyou for joining us over at Get Creative for our 'Anything New challenge' Hope to see you again Lynda DT xx

Stampsnob. said...

Stunning TFS Craft Rocket Challenges Lis DT

NanaConnie said...

What a fun image, Julye! Thanks for playing along in our "Celebrate" challenge at Quirky Crafts this month. I can tell you're celebrating a birthday but the challenge instructions required using the word 'celebrate' or 'celebration' and this one doesn't do that. I don't know if they will count this entry or not. :-D
NanaConnie DT

karalschuknecht said...

Great card, fun image, and beautiful coloring. Thanks for joining us this week at Eureka Stamps. Karal DT

vicky's scrapping passion said...

Wonderful card. I love how you colored the fairy. Thank you for entering our Eureka Stamp challenge "use something new". Great luck.

Andie's Space said...

Hi Julye,
This is fab. Love the steampunk vibe. Thanks for joining us at Passion For Promarkers this week.
Hug,
Andie xx

Lisbeths kort og scrap said...

Lovely card. Thanks for sharing it with us at I Love ProMarkers. Good luck, and welcome back for new challenges. Hugs from Lisbeth