Tuesday 7 June 2016

watercoloured chrysanthemum

I love stamping but I am also loving the new world I have discovered of dies and die cutting and all the different techniques that you can use them for.                                                                                                I cut this poppystamps delicate mum and had previously used it as a mask for a card I entered into the challenge at poppystamps , you can find it here if you want to check it out.                                                                                    
 I hadn't intended using the cut die after but I love how it dried and I love blues and purples too, so decided to make a card using it but it has taken me till now to decide how to use it.


I saw a card on pinterest that used a background die as a trellis so decided to make the front of my card quite open like a trellis or a window shutter using a background die from spellbinders. I added tiny rhinestones to the joints for a little extra interest and of course some sparkle.

I finished the edge of the trellis using some peel off left overs, they are the bits that were in between some peel-off decorative strips long since used.I laid the delicate mum across the front sticking to the trellis.

I really like the effect though I think when I use the card I will write on the back of the card as I think it will spoil the effect if you can see writing through the trellis effect.




I would like to enter this card into the following challenges-

Everybody art -not cute

TTCRD- anything goes

creative craft cottage-favourite colour combo
(I love the blues and purples especially with the white,silver and sparklies
all my favourites on one card)

craft your passion-anything goes

simon says monday challenge-summer garden

CASual fridays-florals

crazy 4 challenges-make it floral

crafting with friends-anything goes

Stampalicious-CAS-optional colour blue


6 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card and colour . Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage challenge good luck Ginny DT for Creative Craft Cottage
My Blog As I do Rodos

Angela B. said...

I love the trellis, what a great idea! The Chrysanthemum is beautifully done! Such a pretty card! Thank you so much for entering the Anything Goes challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Happy crafting,
AngelaTTCRD DT
Taste Of Craftiness {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

anncreatief said...

Fabulous card and colour. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage challenge good luck.
Anneke DT for Creative Craft Cottage

Claire said...

What a pretty, delicate die cut - the die cut trellis background really shows it off to perfection! Thanks for p[laying along at CAS-ual Fridays!

cheiron said...

Great dimension, love the delicate flower! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week :)

Linda said...

So pretty and delicate. Thank you for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS challenge xx