Sunday 4 December 2016

Ombre snowflakes

I struggle with pink but one my sons friends is pink mad so he wanted a card for her. Pink but not girly , his words not mine.

I decided to use a fiskers board and emboss some copy paper  and colour it with chalks from dark pink  to light pink in lines to give an ombre effect.

I think you can just about see the three different pinks.

I measured the paper against a white base card and cut it so I could have three panels across the card as my base layer.

I used a do crafts set to cut some snowflakes in silver mirri card and took 3 of different sizes and randomly placed them so they each overlapped two of the panels.

I finished the card using a die cut greeting from a Britannia word die again in silver mirri card.

I actually like how this pink card turned out, it's good to step out of your comfort zone once in a while.




I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-


crafting with dragonflies -whatever the weather

the paper shelter - christmas card

AAA cards - CAS Christmas


fab n funky - Christmas

creative fingers - anything goes





10 comments:

Alison said...

I love your pink Christmas card - and it's not girly - just a beautiful creation. Thank you for joining us at Fab'n Funky.
Alison x

Jane said...

Pretty in pink! Love the ombre look and the combo of embossed and die cut snowflakes. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Elizabeth Hart said...

So pretty and the snowflakes really pop against the color. Love it. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Maikreations said...

Love the combination of the embossed background and the smooth metallic paper ;o) Thank you for joining our “Snowflakes” challenge over at the Challenge Up Your Life blog! Happy crafting, Maike

Wendy said...

Beautiful Christmas...Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky challenges :)
Wendy xx

Marianne said...

Love your card and thanks for joining The Paper Shelter.
Greetings, Marianne

Susan Hogan said...

Such a pretty card. Love the ombre effect you have achieved. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies and Merry Christmas.

Helen said...

Great card - thanks so much for joining us at Crafting With Dragonflies and I hope you'll join us for our current challenge.

Helen x

Jeanne J. said...

What a beautiful ombre background for those beautiful die cut snowflakes!

Justine Hovey said...

Pretty background! I love the lilac colour paired with the silver. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards!