Friday 10 August 2018

Ring a ring of butterflies


My original idea was to make a circle of butterflies but decided it looked rather over kill so went for a much simpler design. The butterfly stamp is from a Threaders set by Sheena Douglas for Crafter's Companion coloured with Promarkers and cut out bu hand.

The gold circle is cut in mirri card and was actually waste from a create a card die I made a while ago and forgot to post.
I used a white square base card, added the gold circle then simply stuck the butterflies around the circle evenly.

No sentiment as yet but think a small sentiment in the middle would finish nicely and it could be for birthday, mother;s dat or even thank you, will definitely be using this design again as it was super quick to create once I had the elemnets and I think is quite stunning in impact.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges;-

I love promarkers - anything goes

crafty creations - anything goes

addicted to stamps and more - CAS

CAS on friday - butterflies

passion for promarkers - make it feminine

colour crazy challenge - anything goes

try it on tuesday - inspired by a song

10 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

Simply AMAZING! I love your card! Great to see it linked to Try It On Tuesday theme! Much appreciated! Happy weekend!
Susi

Meggymay said...

Its a super card, I love the butterfly ring. I am right in thinking you thought about Ring a Ring of Roses and this is your wonderful take on our theme at Try it on Tuesdays. Thank you for sharing with us there.
Yvonne

Rosie said...

A wonderful card.

Thank you for joining us at TRY IT ON TUESDAY

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful card! The gold ring of pretty butterflies looks very striking against the white background 😁. Thanks so much for joining us at Try it on Tuesday! J 😊 x

The Crafty Den said...

A very striking card Julye. I love your ring of butterflies and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at PFP this week and good luck in the prize draw. Hugs, Denise x

coops said...

Gorgeous card Julye.Fab design and I love your vibrant colours and stunning butterflies.
Thanks for joining in my theme this week at PFP :D

Julie said...

Awesome card - I love the design, it's so striking! Thanks for joining us at Passion for Promarkers thsi week, good luck, Juliexx

Shelly said...

Wow gorgeous butterfly card, fab idea! Thanks for joining in at Passion for Promarkers this week, Shelly x

desperatehousewifecraft said...

Wonderfully coloured butterflies and I love the colours you chose to colour them with too. Thanks for sharing it with us at Addicted to Stamps and More as its always a pleasure to see your wonderful cards. Hugs, Gwendolyn

Lilibet said...

What an effective and creative way to use this image, Brilliant card, Thanks for joining us at I love Promarkers and Good Luck, Liz (:(|)x